A wonderful Friday
Before I get to my lovely day, here is a quick and dirty recap of the last few days of eats - not a complete recap, of course. I took pictures when I could, and only once of the same thing (living in a dorm without a meal plan leads to many of the same meals!)
Fresh, juicy watermelon brought in by one of my bosses. Yum. I didn't really eat watermelon growing up, and I've discovered I love it.
Some basic overnight oats with soymilk, chia and flax seeds, and some banana. Boring? Yes. Delish? You betcha.
WW Toast with PB and Raspberry Jam, with a granny smith on the side.
I don't know what to call this - overnight oats (of course), nanner, pumpkin pie spice, chia and flax seeds. Tasty.
Veggie soup from a can. Ick, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Can't wait till Monday - Cafe Mac opens!
Baked yam with some steamed broccoli and carrots. Simple, classic, amazing.
At 10 this morning, the lovely Anna picked me up, and we headed out Stillwater. It was a lovely drive - it was beautiful. This is my first summer in MN, and it is gorgeous. Apparently we are in drought, but it is still so green. It definitely reminds me of driving through the country in Sweden. We jammed to Elvis Costello - she's introduced me to him, and I'm very grateful!
When we got there, we parked in front of the river and headed to a few antique shops - its amazing what people have collected over the years, and what has actually has been sold. It was fun seeing all sorts of random things, from dishes to little knick-knacks. We picnicked for lunch (another sammie - told you, not exciting). Afterwards, we followed some directions given to me by my boss to a trail...
... Which was non-existent. Sad. So we headed back to town, and took a lovely stroll around the lake. We talked, enjoyed the birds/flowers, and had a lovely time. We stopped for a snack :
When we finished the ice cream, we headed back to the car, and the Twin Cities. A great day, if I do say so myself.
One thing that made it so amazing was how comfortable I feel talking to her - knowing that she knows the struggles of an ED, how it works, how it feels, just completely removes the hesitation I normally feel with people. Today, I talked more about what has gone through my head the past few years with Anna than I have to anyone. I'm rather shocked, startled by my actions, but so relieved to know that Anna is now in my life.
I had a really hard night two nights ago - remember how my friend's bike was stolen? Apparently her parents want me to pay for it. It was almost brand new - $300. I put in my application for a second job, which would mean no free time for the summer, but it would allow me to both pay back the bike, and save some mulah up for when I'm in Ireland.
My mom called me that night - I told her about both paying for the bike and applying for the job. She sort of ... flipped out. I'll keep the details out, but it ended up with me in tears. Tears of gratitude. My parents have given me so much throughout my life, and they have continue to support me in every way. Long story short, they assured me that even though money is a little tight at home, they are going to pay for the bike, and make sure I can still have fun in Ireland. They made me promise to focus on relaxing, regaining my health, and recovering - not money. I can't put into words how much I truly love them, and owe them everything (my life, obviously).
I'm sorry for the lack of comments today! I've read up on all of your lives, but I haven't had time to comment! I never found my ID, and I've now ripped my room apart not once, but twice. Its gone. I'm going to have to get a new one. Sigh.
Love you all, and thanks for reading!
Emma
P.S. I'm hopping on the Q&A train - is there anything you would like to know about me? Just let me know!
At 10 this morning, the lovely Anna picked me up, and we headed out Stillwater. It was a lovely drive - it was beautiful. This is my first summer in MN, and it is gorgeous. Apparently we are in drought, but it is still so green. It definitely reminds me of driving through the country in Sweden. We jammed to Elvis Costello - she's introduced me to him, and I'm very grateful!
When we got there, we parked in front of the river and headed to a few antique shops - its amazing what people have collected over the years, and what has actually has been sold. It was fun seeing all sorts of random things, from dishes to little knick-knacks. We picnicked for lunch (another sammie - told you, not exciting). Afterwards, we followed some directions given to me by my boss to a trail...
... Which was non-existent. Sad. So we headed back to town, and took a lovely stroll around the lake. We talked, enjoyed the birds/flowers, and had a lovely time. We stopped for a snack :
The front one is mine: Wildberry Sorbet. The back one was Anna's : scoop o' coconut, scoop o' raspberry fudge torte. I'm lactose intolerant - the ice cream looked amazing, but unless I want a tummy ache...
When we finished the ice cream, we headed back to the car, and the Twin Cities. A great day, if I do say so myself.
One thing that made it so amazing was how comfortable I feel talking to her - knowing that she knows the struggles of an ED, how it works, how it feels, just completely removes the hesitation I normally feel with people. Today, I talked more about what has gone through my head the past few years with Anna than I have to anyone. I'm rather shocked, startled by my actions, but so relieved to know that Anna is now in my life.
I had a really hard night two nights ago - remember how my friend's bike was stolen? Apparently her parents want me to pay for it. It was almost brand new - $300. I put in my application for a second job, which would mean no free time for the summer, but it would allow me to both pay back the bike, and save some mulah up for when I'm in Ireland.
My mom called me that night - I told her about both paying for the bike and applying for the job. She sort of ... flipped out. I'll keep the details out, but it ended up with me in tears. Tears of gratitude. My parents have given me so much throughout my life, and they have continue to support me in every way. Long story short, they assured me that even though money is a little tight at home, they are going to pay for the bike, and make sure I can still have fun in Ireland. They made me promise to focus on relaxing, regaining my health, and recovering - not money. I can't put into words how much I truly love them, and owe them everything (my life, obviously).
I'm sorry for the lack of comments today! I've read up on all of your lives, but I haven't had time to comment! I never found my ID, and I've now ripped my room apart not once, but twice. Its gone. I'm going to have to get a new one. Sigh.
Love you all, and thanks for reading!
Emma
P.S. I'm hopping on the Q&A train - is there anything you would like to know about me? Just let me know!


9 comments:
Aww, so glad to hear you've found a friend in Annie. It's amazing when you can connect with someone on a level that you can't with anyone else. Sounds like you guys had a really fun day! That sorbet looks delicioussss.
I feel like I read that you said overnight oats with banana and flax was boring (gasp!) but I must have misread that. ;) Nothing that yummy is boring.
Sorry to hear about the bike. Your parents sound truly loving and kind, and I know you'll take advantage of every opportunity in Ireland and the future, regaining health, strength, and tons of happiness.
Take care!
Much love,
Rachel
*Anna! Excuse the typo.
Yum to the PBJ toast!! Sorry the trail was MIA but the ice cream looks great ;)
Your mom sounds like a sweetheart! I'm glad everything is working out for you!
I'm glad your parents are so supportive and that you have Anna to help you...it's hard to do this alone!
Loving the banana overnight oats- sometimes the simpler combinations are the best!
It's great to have supportive parents. Loving the oats.
emma, this post made me so happy because it's so joyful!
It is GREAT to have friends that understand you and whom you can count for support, isn't it? I hope you find even more of such angels in your life!
and wow..your parents are AWESOME! gotta love your parents!
and my brain must be fried right now, because for some reason when I saw that watermelon, I thought they were raw tuna! hahaha!
How nice of your parents to help you out like that and I am so happy you have such a great friend like Anna!
I'm glad you've found such a wonderful friend! :)
It's so sweet of your parents to help you out like that... when are you going to Ireland?? Can I come?! ;)
<3 <3
I love all your eats today! Everything looks amazing! I'm especially loving the overnight oats... perfect for summer!
It's so great that you found Anna to trust and talk to about your ED. Hopefully that will help you a lot in your recovery!
Glad to hear that the parents are being so supportive about the bike. It's always such a relief to know that you have someone who loves and supoorts you to rely on when you need a little help! :)
Post a Comment