Saturday > Friday
Today was so much better than yesterday! Before I share, I want to thank everyone for their kind comments about my yesterday - they really cheered me up. The blogging world is wonderful - I love you guys!
I woke up, and had another lovely bowl of PB Choco-Banana oats. I enjoyed them with the vanilla Oikos...
Look at this creamy, tasty goodness!

I hung out for a while (my plan for going on a bike ride was ruined by the thief yesterday), and then I was picked up by the lovely Anna! We had a picnic, went on lovely walk, and then ran some errands (Apple Store, Target...) . She surprised me with a little gift - a beautiful little box filled with mini Luna Bars (thank you thank you thank you!)! I had a wonderful time with her, and I am so thankful to the internet for connecting us!You can't tell, but there are PB Choco-Banana oats... but its covered with puffed Kamut, extra chocolate, and vanilla Oikos.
My thoughts on the vanilla flavor? It was good, but I preferred the plain. What can I say? I like the 'original'.
After she brought me back to my dorm, I went right back to Target to buy ... a new bike! I still feel terrible for what happened to my friend K's bike, but I really need a pair o' wheels - its the only way I can get around, and its a great way to enjoy the sun. I got a Magna Great Divide - my first bike (the one I was riding when I was hit by a bus) was a Magna, and I remember it being a good one. Another plus - it was only $99! I can't really afford anything more than that, so it was perfect.
While I was out buying my bike, my friend J called me. He was one of my closest friends last year, but this year we had some issues. Mainly, I had some issues - I began to isolate myself and push the people I cared about away (stupid ED!). I think my ED was brought on by my OCD and perfectionism, which began to run rampant this year when I was taking 21 credits (most people take 16). I was constantly working and stressing out. J had an easy load of classes, and he was constantly bugging me, interupting my work, and always talking about his love of rich, calorie laden food. I know I lashed out at him a few times throughout the year, which I feel terrible about. Anyway - we're going to spend Memorial day together, and I'm stoked. We always had a blast together, and I really have missed him.
So - what do you all think? A better day? I'd say so.
Check out Guiding Calm's wonderful PB x 2 (sort of) giveaway!


10 comments:
Ah! I love Oikos! It is so versatile and tastes great with pretty much everything. I love it with cereal and waffles the most.
Great blog! :)
Mmm, breakfast looks delicious. I'm with you though, I also just prefer plain. If I want a vanilla flavor, I just add a few drops (okay, a teaspoon or two) or vanilla extract to my yogurt.
So glad you had fun with Anna! It's definitely amazing the people you can meet here in blog-land. It sounds like you guys had a lovely time.
You know I really miss bike riding. I don't even have a bike! You keep your bike safe from any stealers, or I may have to come and deal with them myself.. :)
Yay for reuniting with old friends! I definitely pushed people away with my ED too, and found comfort in isolation. Good for you for spending time with him, I can't wait to hear all about it.
Take care!
Much love,
Rachel
YAYYY FOR NEW BICYCLES!!! :)
I am sooo sorry to hear about your friends bike though. Seriously, the nerve of some people. And the stupid thing is..it was probably some dumb 16 year old who needed a pair of wheels to get to his girlfriends house or something. sooo stupid.
Thats good you're going to meet up with J again - i lost a few friends during the height of my ED, but the true ones stuck around or came back into my life. Sounds liek your day was much better!
Eek, sorry about the bike... I'm glad you got a new one though!
Hope you enjoy your time with your friend!
<3 <3
I LOVE OIKOS!!! I always get the huge tubs of it :) and I agree with your title, saturday is ALWAYS >>>>> than friday!
Glad you got a new bicycle. That's great :) Yummy eats and woohoo for a better day!
<3 jess
xoxo
hi hun
im glad you had a nice day with anna :)
i isolated myself so much due to the ed too, its so hard to re-establish friendhips after something like that, but SO worth it!
yummy eats :)
have a nice night girlie
xxx
Yahoo for Oikos!! I like the plain variety the best too :)
Glad you had a great day with Anna!
hey girl! sorry i've been MIA, but i wanted to say i can't believeee what happened to your bike and i wish i could hunt that individual down and sock it to him/her! haha i dont know how much damage i could do but i'd sure try!
glad that your saturday was MUCH better, love love love the oikos action! the vanilla is actually my fav =)
enjoy your memorial day with your friend! very exciting, you deserve to have a great time reconnecting with him!
Sounds like you had a great day! Reconnecting with friends is the best :)
And I prefer the plain Oikos as well, for some reason flavored Greek yogurt just doesn't do it for me.
Post a Comment