Friday, May 8, 2009

3 Reviews

So what if this is the third post of the night. I've been gone a while.

Some of you might remember that I bought a Luna bar and a ClifKid ZBar a week ago:


I'll cover the ZBar first.

I've heard so many people talk about them, that I bought one. But I had my reservations - first, I haven't had any sort of bar in a long time, and all I remember was the artificial taste, and the strange texture. When I opened it, this is what greeted me:
As you can see, I couldn't even wait to snap the picture before I took a bite. Oh. My. I haven't had a chocolate chip cookie in ... over a year, and this was better than anything I remember. I loved the texture - soft, chewy, and oaty - and the flavor was out of this world. I like it so much, I went and bought a box of the brownie ones. Mmmm. And one blueberry bar, which I ate half of today:

It tasted like what I remember blueberry muffins taste like. DELICIOUS. They are relatively low in calories (120-130) and fairly low in fat, so I don't feel too guilty about them. I think ZBas are my new favorite things.

On to the Luna Bar.

I used to get Luna Bars on occasion during high school for a snack. I remember liking them, but not liking the texture. When I ripped mine open today after my walk/run/thing, I was greeted with what looked to me like an overly dry rice krispy treat:


Fortunately, the taste was pretty good, although I wouldn't have minded a more minty taste. However, the texture was strange - not bad, just strange. I generally like softer/mushier/chewier things. However, the higher protein content and relatively low sugar content make up for part of the strange texture. I can see myself getting another one (maybe a different flavor) in the future, maybe as part of a meal on one of my geology trips or something.

I just discovered that Clif makes both of these (ZBars, obviously). Way to go Clif Bar and Co!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  May 9, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

Hey! Thanks a lot for all the sweet comments on my blog - I'd been trying to comment on yours for a few days but it wasn't working 'til now!

Have a great weekend <3

Anonymous,  May 9, 2009 at 6:57 PM  

Thanks for the Z-bar review!! I find that so many bloggies have been eating Z-bars for so long that they don't bother to review it, but I've never tried them before so it was helpful to find your review. :) They sound awesome!

P.S. You have a lovely blog; I'll most definitely be subscribing to your future posts!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP