Friday, May 1, 2009

Creature of habit. (Friday part 1)

I am sure a creature of habit. Especially in the mornings. I like knowing what to expect, what I'm going to do, what I'm going to eat. I wake up, and plan my day in the shower. Today, I was going to go to breakfast, get my oatmeal with strawberries, and grab my lunch (I have to bring lunch MWF to class - I sneak stuff out of the meal hall). Well... NO STRAWBERRIES or NY TIMES. I was rather bothered by this. I ended up having oats with 1/3 banana and 1/2 a pear. It was pretty good - I'm rather glad that I tried it. I might have it again, who knows! I was rather disgruntled though.

Then... my spanish class was canceled. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise - I got to go on a 3 mile walk (around the track) and I did the stadium stairs. Then I headed to geology - I had a grapefruit during class. My two music classes were next. I had what I grabbed this morning from the meal hall for lunch - 1/4 c PB Puffins, 2 tbsp pumpkin, 2 tbsp almond milk, and some melon.

When I got back to my room this afternoon I got some great news - I was accepted to the University College Cork study abroad program! I'll be in Ireland beginning in August! I'm so excited! I'll be studying music for a month, and then the rest of the time, both music and geology. Ahhhhhh!!!!

I have a piano recital this afternoon. :( I HATE recitals. I can get up in front of people and talk forever. Make a fool of myself - as long as I'm talking, it doens't matter. The moment anything musical is added to the picture though, I freak out. I'm really stressed out. I know that its silly, but its true. I'm a music major who can't do music. Sigh. I think it has to do with body image and control. I don't know. But I hope it goes well.

Tonight is the last 'Open Shabbat' dinner of the year. I'm looking forward to that. I just have to keep it in mind through the recital - as soon as its over, I get to go be with a wonderful group of people. The only hard part about it is the dinner thing - there is no guarentee that they will have vegan food. Or something I feel safe eating. Here's to hoping.

Have a wonderful afternoon!
<3
Emma

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP