I can't find my camera cord...
So there won't be any pictures for the next few days. In addition, this weekend is my college's graduation. I am not graduating, but I have a ton of friends who are, so I'll be eating with them a great deal (and trying not to freak out too much).
That being said, I had some delicious oats this morning - oats, some strawberries, 1/2 banana, some flax and chia seeds, and a few dried lychiis, microwaved to steamy goodness, topped with some unsweetened almond milk, about 1/8 c Kashi GoLean and 1/8 c Envirokids Leapin Lemurs. It was great, and kept me going for a good while.
I am only allowed to work 20 hours a week until June 1st (budgeting), and so I only had 4 1/2 hours of work today. I went in around 8:30, stayed till 10:15, went on a nice long bike ride, went to the all campus picnic (I had a veggie burger - no bun, lots of carrot and celery sticks, cucumber slices and some melon), and returned to work at 1. I stayed until 3:30 and went back to my room. I cleaned for a while (I'm moving on Monday to the summer housing dorm), and now I'm waiting on my acorn squash to cook. I found the squash yesterday on my epic bike ride - I ran across an adorable little co-op market. Its on the same street as the Emily Program, so I see quite a few visits in my future!
I've been a vegan now for about a month, and I've decided I need to restart eating yogurt again. I don't want anything else, but I do miss yogurt, and its a great way to get protein. It will also help with the summer eating cost - I can get cheap, healthy (and local!) yogurt for less than half the cost of either soy yogurt or other vegan protein sources. Sigh. I want to maintain the vegan diet, but right now, living on my own in a college dorm, its just a little difficult.
So yesterday I mentioned the random guy who pushed me off my bike. Today, something just as strange happened! I was walking along the street that divides my campus into two (running an errand for work), and some guy drove buy and threw a handful of pennies out his window. He was going fast enough that the few that hit me hurt. What is going on? I seem to be attracting strangeness, and I'm not a fan.
I don't want to go into the details, but although I do okay when I'm not in my room, I feel terrible when I'm in there. Maybe its the fact that everyone is gone, maybe its the fact that my room is a disaster, or maybe its just me, but I'm having some major body image issues there. Coupled with the b episodes (three this week), I feel pretty bad about myself right now. Over the past year, I know I have become more intorverted, but I still like knowing people are there. I think it helped me not binge - I was eating better when I knew they were there. Now no one is there, and I feel their absence. I am looking forward to moving into the summer housing - more people will be around, even if I am outside, blogging and reading by myself. Or just sitting in the sun. Or something.
Tomorrow is graduation, and I am a flag-bearer (as of 20 minutes ago). I might as well just tell you all which college I go to; it will probably come up sooner or later. Macalester College is my home, and I love it. One of the wonderful things about it is it has a huge international student population. At graduation, a line of flags representing the class' population walks out before the professors, which walk out before the students. I get to carry a flag!
Many wonderful people are graduating tomorrow, and I'm going to miss them terribley. Luckily, some of them are staying around during the summer, so I'll be able to see them more. As for the others, I cherish everyone of them, and although I may not see some of them again, I'll remember them. They all have a special place in my heart.
Off to Seniors in Recital!! All of the music majors and minors get to do whatever they want tonight - should be fun.
Thanks for all the great 'list' suggestions so far. If you *happen* to think of any more, please let me know!!
Holey Donuts giveaway! I'm excited.
Love,
Emma
*Edit
I got a 4.0 for the semester! As a sophomore, I was taking 21 credits, and I managed to pull it off. Yay!


8 comments:
Woooo congrats on the 4.0!!!
a 4.0?!?!? thats AMAZING, congrats!!!
enjoy graduation tomorrow, you deserve to let loose and have fun celebrating with people you care about and who care about you! hang in there! =)
Emma,
Hey Darlin! Sorry I've been MIA the last few days. Finals are looming...
Don't worry about the camera cord. I enjoy reading even without photos. Just keep the descriptions descriptive. :P
Congrats on the 4.0!
Have a wonderful weekend!
With Love,
Emily
Wow, what an awful stranger!! Pennies probably must hurt a lot. :(
I support your return to yogurt, only because I adore it so much.
And definitely stay out of your room if it makes you feel down, okay? It helps to keep it really neat and tidy, maybe buy a fresh, pretty flower and keep it in a vase to brighten your mood in there. Otherwise, sunlight is always uplifting! :)
Congrats on the 4.0!!
Congrats on the 4.0!!
Random strangeness comes in clusters, I find, so after this you ought to be okay for a while!
Congrats on the 4.0!
I heard Kofi Annan went to Macalester! Cool! Nice job on the 4.0, it's not an easy feat in college! WTF is up with random assholes?? I can't believe that penny thrower! Dickwad! I'm so glad you didn't get badly hurt by either of those jerks.
I agree, EDs thrive on solitude. I'm glad you'll be moving into summer housing in a few days because it might alleviate a lot of your symptoms! Plus, being social is really important in recovery, even if it is forced (because you LIVE with them, lol.)
I totally understand why you're adding yogurt back to your diet. Yogurt is the ONLY thing I wish I could have as a vegan. I'm pretty sure one day soon I'll decide to reincorporate it, selectively, because like you I'm lucky to have access to cheap, healthy, LOCAL, and organic yogurt from a sustainable farm that treats their animals really well!
Post a Comment