Fun, 2 reviews, and some love.
Thank you all for your support! Although I didn't read all of your lovely words until I got home (about 5 minutes ago), they really warmed my heart.
I'm really glad I brought the veggie burger - not just because it was 'safe' but because everything else had meat in it! I was a last minute invite - the menu was grilled bratwurst, baked beans with bacon, and a pasta salad with pepperoni. I would have been a starvin' marvin. I did have a pretty good time though - 'M' and I got to catch up, which was really nice. It turns out I knew one of her housemates, and the other one and I have 'met' on several occasions (she checks me in at the gym!). The girl's parents were a lot of fun. And... we got to watch the Food Network (love it). Even through ED, I've always enjoyed watching chef's do magic with the simplest or most exotic of foods. Does anyone else enjoy the Food Network as much as I do?
My food for the day....
Breakfast was banana mango oats! I wish I could have had some coconut and... that iPhoto didn't delete my picture! Sorry about it.
Lunch was a nice sammie with another handmade (or rather, titanium spork made) spread - black bean, tofu, and pumpkin! NOT the most attractive thing, which is why I won't be putting a picture up. But the sammie was delicious. On the side, I had three little 'sweet gherkins'. Tasty and crunchy. Not pictured: a sweet, crunchy apple.
When I was trying to fix my iPhoto, I ran across a picture or two of some more bars!
I picked these up at WF one day with a coupon. Kashi is always a good bet - tasty stuff. The nutritional stats aren't bad either: 140 cals (45 from fat); 5g fat (.5g sat); 4g Fiber, 5g sugar; 7 g protein. However, it didn't really keep me satisfied very long (maybe an hour and half or two). I can see these coming in handy at work for a snack though! Maybe I'll try some other flavors as well!
The elusive White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Clif Bar! It was good - but very sweet. I liked it, but I generally prefer 'lighter' tastes. I can see myself getting this when I'm in a very indulgent mood, but not for regular use.
Sohpia from burpandslup and Cacti Don't Cry gave me my first award!
Thank you so much - it means a lot to me to call you my friend.
I am supposed to pass this on to 7 friends, but I just can't pick 7!
- Anna from whatawalnut
- Megan from healthyontherun
- Debbie from ohsoravenous
- Rachel from Black Coffee
- Meg from Sunshine N' Spice
- Lora from Honey Nut Lo
- Yasmin from Its a Wrap
- Nell from Peanut Butter Bananas
- Jess from havefaith4ever
- Shelby from La Belle Vegan
- Jenny from Peanut Butter and Jenny
- Lauryn from Making Moves
- Stef from moretolifethanlettuce
- K from ksgoodeats
- Lisa from Life, Love, Violin
- Jen from The Novice Berker
- Emily from Curly Top
- Elle from Elle Dente
I'm sleepy now - off to bed!
Have a lovely Memorial day!
Love,
Emma


12 comments:
I'm so glad you didn't let ED prevent you from having a good time! Thanks for passing on the award, you are a great friend! Have a lovely Monday!
Congrats on your award and thank you for passing it on to me! Glad you had a great time at the dinner :) I love the Food Network - shows like Unwrapped just suck me in!
That Clif bar is my favorite!!
Thanks for the award!
I'm so glad the BBQ went well for you. I'm glad that I run with a pretty veggie-friendly crowd, so grill-outs always include a bunch of non-meat options.
I hear you on the sweetness of the WCM Clif bar -- I had half a WCM Luna bar on my oatbran this morning, and even THAT was pretty darn sweet. I might have to search for those Kashi bars, though -- 7g of protein sounds good to me!
Hey girl! Congrats on the award - and thank you so much for passing it along to me!
Mmm anything Kashi is totally a winner in my book! I find that I really have to be in the mood for something REALLY sweet whenever I break into a Clif...but they are darn good when you're that indulgent mood, as you said! I love the Food Network...what shows are your faves?! I think that Bobby Flay is super ridiculously good looking for an older man...haha! Confession!
Glad you had such a good time at the cookout & had something nice and veg to eat :)
Have a lovely Memorial Day beautiful!
Love,
Meg
yay for the award and thanks for giving me one! ive been flaky this week and im sorry I havent been commenting but I have been reading ;) glad u enjoyed that veggie burger...but is it really a bad thing to be surrounded by meat ;) ? haha I had to make this a tad inapprop since I couldnt be like that last week...
xoxo
Lo
I love watching the Food Network, but I don't watch television that often. I usually try to catch episodes when I get the chance online, namely Top Chef, Iron Chef, and other episodes I can find. ;D
The Food Network is amazing. I'm not a big TV person, but I can never turn down shows involving food!
I love Kashi! They have the best products, I especially like their TLC cookies. MMMM.. if you haven't tried those, you should :)
congrats on your award.
that cliff bar is awesome!
CONGRATS the award.
I don't watch Food Network, but I love watching other cooking programmes.
also, WCMN cliffs are my favorites :) and maple nut...and choc mint grr...i want one now!
love food net..esp giada
also love kashi cookies and cereal..yum. happy memorial day chica!
and glad u loved the meat comment ;)
hahaha! you sure went overboard with the awards...yay for spreading the love! I had a tough time limiting myself as well!
Food Network is my FAV!!! who is your fav food network star, though?
Yay for your success at the BBQ. It's always a good idea to be prepared, and I'm glad you had a good time.
Thanks for passing your award on to me!! I'm so honored :)
<3 Nell
Post a Comment