Sunday, May 24, 2009

Quick dinner invite = quick freakout.

A good friend of mine just invited me over for dinner - and immediately a certain Mr. ED. kicked in: What if all they have is fatty, greasy, evil foods? What about vegan foods - everything they'll have will be meaty! You are going to blow up tonight - gain a size or two in an hour!

Well, whatever, Mr. Ed. I simply asked what was going to be served - it turns out we are grilling. Solution? I'm running to Whole Foods and getting something to grill! I'll just get something 'safe' and eat that with some veggie sides.

Sigh.

I hope I don't freak out too much when I'm there.

Have a lovely Sunday evening! Relax! Have fun!

Love you all,
Emma

11 comments:

Anonymous,  May 24, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

GOOD LUCK tonight... have fun and don't let Mr. Ed talk to you at all! Grilling can definitely be healthy.. grilled veggies are the absolutely the best!! Have fun.. I can't wait to hear about it!

Anonymous,  May 24, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Have fun!

It's great you're bringing something "safe" - however remember than in the future you'll have to step outside of your comfort zone...baby steps though (:

Anonymous,  May 24, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

Great solution!! Keep up the good work and don't let Mr. Ed keep you from enjoying your life!! Have a great weekend!!

P.S: I love grilling white sweet corn and veggie skewers.

Anonymous,  May 24, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

Have fun at dinner! Try not to worry too much about food, you're with friends! Be sure to have fun and enjoy yourself.

Much love,
Rachel

Meg May 24, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

Hey girl, I think you're going to have a great time! Just enjoy the company - don't focus too much on the food. Maybe you should try to challenge yourself! Use this as an opportunity to really show yourself that you can overcome ED.

Love,
Meg

itsawrap May 24, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Good luck at dinner tonight! Already you've been successful because you're actually going! Yah!

Anonymous,  May 24, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

I hope you had/have/are having a great time at the BBQ! I think that sometimes figuring out what you're going to have and sticking with it -- and then moving on and not dwelling on it -- is the best thing, at least at this point. You deserve to enjoy the company of your friends without ED trying to elbow his way in!

Cacti Don't Cry May 24, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

Good luck at the BBQ -- hope you have fun and enjoy your friends instead of letting Mr. ED run the show!

<3 <3

Anonymous,  May 24, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

Good luck Emma! Hmm...It's good to bring something "Safe" along to have, but I hope you step out of that safe bubble and try some "scary" stuff on the side, too. when you face them head-on, they don't seem that scary anymore.
btw, I've got an award for you at my blog :-)

Anonymous,  May 24, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

Good luck, hun! You can do this :)

Anonymous,  May 24, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

You can do this girl. Go kick ED's butt :)
<3 jess
xoxo

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP