Friday, May 22, 2009

The day started out so well

I woke up, worked out, had a bowl of lovely PB, Banana, and Chocolate oats (amaaazing), got ready, and gave a lovely tour to a group of 3 prospective students (and their parents). I wasn't feeling very hungry at lunch, so I just had half a sandwich. I wanted to go to Goodwill to find some shorts, so I hopped on my bike, and rode over. I got off my bike (which is really my friend's bike - I'm borrowing it for the summer), and made sure, double sure to lock it up: the Goodwill isn't in the best of locations.

I was there for 45 minutes.

I came out, and my friends beautiful bike was gone. Vanished. Lock and all. No one saw anything.

That being said, I'm kind of down - I feel absolutely TERRIBLE about it. I've filed a report with the police, but I doubt its going to go anywhere. I called my friend immediately, and she says its okay, but still. I can't believe it happened.

The rest of the afternoon was spent walking home from where I was, watching Dead Like Me on Netflix, and moping about (not the healthiest, I know). I tried to laundry, but I didn't even have enough money on my card to do it.

Sorry about the downer post. There is something good happening tomorrow, so I hope I have something happier to post tomorrow evening.

But before I go - check out this Nature's Path Giveaway! And this amazing Vitatop giveaway!

Love,
Emma

11 comments:

Meg,  May 22, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

Hey Emma! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's bike, but I'm sure she really means it when she says it's okay! Definitely follow up with the police.

I hope you're having a better day today, you're in my thoughts and prayers girl!

Love,
Meg

Anonymous,  May 22, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

oh my god! that really sucks! how horrible! god...how can anybody do such a thing?
but don't feel horrible about it...it's def NOT your fault!! I really do hope your friend gets back her bike, though.
Hope you're feeling better now...Cheer up, Emma!

Anonymous,  May 22, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

Aw I'm so so sorry! Sucky stuff like that just happens sometimes though!

Anonymous,  May 22, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

Hey there! Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog, I'm SO sorry to hear about your friend's bike, I know that sucks. Hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow, and it won't get you down all weekend, hope you have a good night!

Anonymous,  May 22, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

Aw, crap! And I imagine it feels ten times worse having been your friend's bike instead of your own -- I hate that feeling! I hope the weekend will be better.

Anonymous,  May 22, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

I am so sorry about the bike! That's awful. I hope everything gets figured out :( Your day did seem to start very well--yum oatmeal!
<3 jess
xoxo

Anonymous,  May 23, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

How terribly unfortunate :(
I hope things turn up tomorrrow.

<3 Nell

Anonymous,  May 23, 2009 at 2:46 AM  

Oh no! That is TERRIBLE about your/your friend's bike! You've had some awful run-ins with asshole/shady people lately! I think bike theft is so horrible..and unfortunately SO common around college campuses :(

I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Anonymous,  May 23, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

How awful! Ugh, I hate that people steal things. I'm so sorry to hear about that, that's just terrible. It's good that your friend understands at least.

I hope the rest of your weekend is much better, dear. Take care.

Much love,
Rachel

K from ksgoodeats,  May 23, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

Hope things turn around for you soon :( That's really unfortunate!

The Novice Berker,  May 23, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

Argh, that's so terrible!!! I really hope the police find it/catch the person who stole it. That sucks so bad; you definitely have a legit reason to be down about it. :(

Cheer up soon, things will get better. <3

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP