650 Envelopes.
That's how many I stuffed at work today. And tomorrow, I get to stuff even more. I'm excited. Oh, and I have another 540 surveys to tri-fold. Whoopee.
I actually don't mind it all that much - I bring my computer and read all of your lovely blogs and watch TV. I have to say, it is rather enjoyable.
First things first, I suppose: a HUGE thank you to Kristina at Stonyfield Farm Organics. I received a generous package from her, with a ton of coupons, both for free Oikos and discounts for all sorts of yummy yogurt goodies and a great reusable bag. I can't wait to get to Whole Foods to get my hands on some Oikos. Take a look:
Thank you once again, Kristina! I'll get a review up as soon as possible!
I suppose I'll take care of the rest of the foodie goodness now. These are random pictures of things I've eaten over the last few days. No particular order. Enjoy!
The sammie has the 'hummus' spread, red-leaf lettuce, tomato, and a tad of mustard on ww bread. With a nice side o' carrots and salsa. :)
I've had a few bars over the past few days as well - not including the Clif Bar I talked about earlier.
In my post earlier today, I said I was going to Trader Joe's...
Unfortunatley, we never made it. My heart is broken a little bit on the inside. The reason? My aunt only had an hour or so, and it was rush hour. There was no way to make it into Minneapolis and get back in time. Instead, I went to Rainbow Foods and stocked up on some cheap things. But... no special goodies. That will wait until she can take me to TJ's next week. I'm excited.
I can't decide if I am lonely or not. I'm all by my lonesome in my dorms, but I don't really care. A lot of my friends won't be back for a couple of weeks, but I am a little ambivalent about it. I am enjoying not having to tell anyone where I am going, what I am doing. I don't have to own up to anyone. However, I do miss company sometimes. I've always had a couple of close friends (strangely, always guys), but I don't have any up here right now. I have been blessed by being surrounded by amazing people at Macalester, but I've isolated myself over the last year. I hate it. If there is one reason I want to get rid of ED, its so I can enjoy being around people, my friends, as much as I used to. The problem? I don't feel like I can tell any of my friends about it - I don't know why. I trust them completely, but I just can't admit that I'm weak, that I have given into my own weakness.
My body drives me crazy. I like my arms, my legs (with the exception of the current bruises and scrapes I have), my face, my hair... but I still am so self concious about my stomach. I know ED gives me a slightly disproportioned self image, but the image can only be skewed so much. I don't have a nice body, and the summer time always makes me particularly aware of it.
On a brighter note, I'm almost done moving in! By tomorrow, I should be completely settled.
I'm going to go on a walk/run thing tomorrow - my new room is very close to the stadium, which I'm happy about. I've been meaning to the last few days, but I haven't done it. I WILL go tomorrow, gosh darn it.
Thank you all for your lovely comments over the past few days. I know I'm new to the blogosphere, but you mean the world to me.
Love, and have a wonderful evening,
Emma


4 comments:
oh emma, don't be afraid to admit you have ED. don't be ashamed of it! I had a period when I was so humilated by it too, but I found out what a relief it is to confess it out loud. and you'll be amazed at how many people will care for you and root for you. I think I even managed to bless and help other people by admitting my weaknesses!
hee. that's a lot of envelopes. I would doze off in the middle of it and cut my finger or something!
Thanks for your supportive comment, it really meant a lot to me. =)
That sandwich looks so good! You made your own hummus =O Wow, I'm not sure I trust myself to do that..but seeing yours has perhaps inspired me!
Honestly..opening up to your friends about your ED might just surprise you. They'd only be willing to support you through it, I can promise you that.
You aren't weak in the slightest..if anything, you're incredibly strong for going through this without really letting out, and for actually deciding to take the step of saying goodbye to ED for good.
I hope you have a great night/day!
Lots and lots of love xoxox
That's too bad about TJ's, but you'll make your visit and buy your goodies eventually! :) Don't fret!
I know what you mean about feeling ambivalent towards being alone. I isolated myself too, and my closest friend right now is probably also a guy friend (he lives 8 hours away and doesn't know about my ED though) or my boyfriend (who does know about the ED).
I'm going to work towards getting myself out there again, being more social and making connections and friends. We need to have those kinds of people in our lives, Emma. No (wo)man's an island. :) So work on it with me!
P.S. I'm most self-conscious about my stomach too (my arms and thighs are a distant 2nd and 3rd place).
Try your best to keep being optimistic about work! :D
Thank you for your words of support on my blog in regards to the FM! I really appreciate it :)
Love that MOJO and that sandwich sounds fantastic! Sorry TJs didn't happen, it will eventually!
Post a Comment