Studious Sunday
Hello lovelies!
First... some food porn! (Okay, not porn. PG, PG-13 at the most. Just wait until summer though - when I have a kitchen!)
A salad from whole foods - spinach, carrots, mushrooms, bell peppers, and a little tofu.
This was pretty good. I liked it when it was hot, but as it cooled down, the flavor became rather homogenous. I reheated it several times by the time I finished it.
I had half of this - I wasn't a huge fan. It was super sweet, which is something I don't like in my yogurt. I'll take plain soy yogurt any day.
This isn't everything I ate - don't worry! I couldn't snap a pic of my oats and melon this morning, because I was eating with my roommate. I also had an apple, some more strawberries, two carrots (steamed, yum!), and some salsa (on my salad).
The ZBar was amazing! This wasn't the one I bought yesterday, but one I bought a while back. I couldn't believe how good, how rich, and how chocolaty it was. I loved it so much, I went and bought a box of them. :) I give it two thumbs up, plus a little bit. Maybe a few fingers too.
I spent several hours outside today reading some geology articles (dinosaurs, rocks, extinctions - I love it!). First, I lay down on the grass outside the library for two hours. This is what was surrounding me:
I had the pleasure of going to an all Schubert piano concert today, featuring a world renowned pianist from Isreal. It was very nice - he was technically fantastic - but he lacked ... passion. It was cold. Schubert isn't supposed to be cold. Especially the second movement of one of the piano sonatas he played. It left me feeling bored, which saddened me. Music is supposed to make life better. Tomorrow's Beethoven class will make up for it, I'm sure.
Sorry tonight's post is short - I have some work to do before I go to bed. Posting this week might be a little sporadic this week - FINALS! Ack!
Once again, thank you to all the beautiful, wonderful people who have given me support over the past week. I'm new to this world of blogging, but I am quickly finding my home.
<3 Sweet Dreams!
Emma


5 comments:
Glad that you were able to enjoy the weather!! I had a "studious Sunday" too, but mine was spent indoors with a cold yucky rain pattering on the window. Sigh.
Good luck with finals!
Aren't the Zbars ah-mazing?!?! I am addicted too. Try it warmed up in the microwave and crumbled over oatmeal or yogurt. Tell me what you think.
Hi Emma!!! Glad you found me on here! I love your blog! Looks like you had a great relaxing day!!
Your eats look great as well! Looking forward to future posts!
Take care!
What a gorgeous pic of the sky! Glad you had a nice day. Bummer about the yogurt, I agree, I much prefer unsweetened yogurts but since I went vegan I haven't found a brand that I like more than So Delicious Coconut Milk. I tend to eat those yogurts more as "dessert" knowing full well they are super sweet! Try spreading it on a waffle :)
oh my god zbars are officially my boyfriend.. though i suppose i can share with you :)!
sorry about the yogurtttt dilemma girl - lesson learned! enjoy your night <3 :)
-PBJ
Post a Comment