Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm sleepy...

But because the past few days I've been lazy and haven't posted much, I'll force myself to stay awake and do a real post.

Yesterday's Eats (meals, not snacks)

1/3 c oatmeal, 1 pear, 1/4 c almond milk, and some cinnamon, all topped with Goji Berries. It was delicious.


1 wrap made spinach, mushrooms, and spinach hummus, an an Ezekiel New Mexican Style Tortilla - I'm so happy I found these. They aren't like the tortillas in NM, but they taste great, and are great for you.



My dinner, snack, and breakfast this morning. I made some quinoa, and over it I had some 'chili' made with an onion, some spinach, shredded carrots, tofu, black beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, and *drum roll* ...


When my mom visited me in April, she brought 4 jars of this stuff. I swear its addictive - New Mexicans are all dependent on it, and it runs in our blood. The jarred stuff isn't nearly as good as freshly roasted things, but it was still great.

Yesterday's happenings:

I woke up, had 1/2 Clif Zbar, and then walked to Walgreens to get some extra tupperware for all of the vegetables and fruit that I had stolen from the cafeteria. Monday night was the last night on the meal plan until June 1st, so I grabbed:


Just to be clear, this is (equivalent to) 4 quart size bags STUFFED with spinach, bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, tofu, and garbanzo beans. The fruit: 2 bananas, 2 oranges, 4 grapefruit, and 9 apples. Most of the veggies are gone, between last night and tonight, but I still have quite a bit of fruit left. :)

Some salad action. :)

Today:

I wasn't able to get pictures of breakfast or lunch, but they were pretty basic. For breakfast, I had a bowl of Kashi GoLean and almond milk. I may have also had a few bites of the chili as well. Lunch was the same as yesterday, with an apple on the side.

However dinner.... yum.
Shelby was my inspiration for this one! I cut up a sweet potato and baked it, and whipped up a peanut, soy ginger sauce. The side of steamed broccoli and carrots was delicious with this - steamed broccoli is my favorite food. :)

And now... some non-foodie related items.

Today was the first day at work. It was fairly low key - I just filed, stuffed envelopes, and ran a few errands for my boss. However - eight straight hours of this wore me out. I was on my feet the entire time, and I was constantly moving. I was yawning by the end.

After work, I went back to my room, had a carrot with a couple tbsp of WF Spinach Hummus, and then took a lovely, long bike ride. Earlier in the morning, the weather was pretty dreary - cloudy, rainy, and cold. But around 4:30 it had cleared up and was 70. I got back to campus shortly after 6 and made my dinner. I caught up on my lovely bloggers during dinner. :)

Last night was really bad. The short post last night wasn't the last thing that happened. It was supposed to be... but then I started to watch some TV, and proceeded to eat most of a box of cereal. I couldn't stop. I was disgusted with myself. I still have yet to be diagnosed with an ED (specifically anorexia) by a professional (although I'm 90% positive I have it), but I think last night was more of a b/p - p (I HATE throwing up). This morning when I was eating breakfast, I read Stef's post, and last night was definitely a f*ck it night. I just couldn't stop, and then I decided that since I had already eaten that much, I might as well eat some more. I don't think having things like cereal in my room is a good idea. I want to eat healthily, and I want to recover, but eating more than my fill is NOT the way to do it.

I woke up feeling pretty icky, to say the least. I'm getting rid of all my 'snacky' food, except for fruits and veggies.


A call to my lovely bloggers:
Part of my job in the admissions office this year is to create fun publications for admitted students. Last year, they did a "100 things to do at __ before you graduate". I know so many of you are creative, intelligent, and/or looking at colleges (or grad schools!). What sort of lists, videos, or other publications would have/be helpful to you in finding the right place? Any feedback would be appreciated!

I hope all of my lovely bloggers are doing well this evening. I'm off to bed. Sleepy time!

Loves,
Emma

Also, check out this giveaway from AnAppleADay!


5 comments:

Anonymous,  May 13, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

That wrap looks so delish!

Sorry about the b/p...haven't had one in a while, but I remember how icky they made me feel ): Keep going strong!

Cacti Don't Cry,  May 14, 2009 at 7:53 AM  

Hahaha I'm loving the fruit / veggie stash!!

The first day at work, for some reason, is always exhausting, no matter how low-key it is. Hope you got some sleep!!

Sorry about the B/P... but what can you do besides for pick yourself up and start over?

And, um, I'd love to give you feedback but I'm not the creative intelligent type, and I'm not looking at colleges now! ;)

<3 <3

Anonymous,  May 14, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

Ugh, don't beat yourself up about the binge -- that was just your body saying, 'We need more!'

When I was really restricting, I used to wind up binging and then vow to get rid of anything I wasn't 'allowed' to eat. But the more forbidden you make different foods -- and the less often you allow yourself to eat them -- the more you're setting yourself up to binge on them in the future. Learning to trust yourself around all types of food is definitely one of the most scary aspects of recovery, but it is SO necessary!

Anonymous,  May 14, 2009 at 8:15 AM  

hi emma,

thanks so much for the comment you left on my blog :)

sorry about the b/p episode. In the past, ive gone through similar issues and i know how horrible it feels. the main thing to do now is move on and dont let it ruin a new, fresh day you have ahead of you. you have the power to make this day a great one, not one that ed fills up with behaviors. and as far as getting rid of the snacky foods goes, whatever you feel is right for you is important, but eventually, learning to trust yourself around these foods is important...hard, but so worth it. so stay positive :) you can do anything you put your mind to!

have a nice day,
xxx

ElleMigliore,  May 15, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

I'm sorry about the BP episode. It is so frustrating and I can really relate to the f*ck it attitude. Like you though, I HATE throwing up! I think that was my main motivation for stopping.. plus, it gave me puffy cheeks which made me look..well, not so cute! haha. You are such a strong person though and you will be able to come through this on top!! I just know it.

I LOVE that the huge bowl of fruit came from the cafeteria! hahahah that is so something I wouldve done!

Hmm, ideas for the publication... Have you heard of that blog that turned into a book called "Stuff White People Like"? What about doing something like that but doing "Stuff ___(Insert college here) STudents Like" .. and it can be stuff that if they havent tried, they will hopefully want to do it. Just a thought.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and are able to get some relaxation in.

xoxox

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP