Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Part II - Recital, Shabbat, and Thoughts on Tomorrow

In my previous post, I mentioned that I had both a recital and open shabbat. The recital went so much better than I thought it was going to! I only made one small mistake, and I was able to keep going - because it was Debussy only my teacher noticed! Phew. That felt good.

Open shabbat was lovely - it was the last one of the school year, and it went swimmingly. I love that community. As far as my food fears... it wasn't too bad this time. They had salad, rice and lentils, and some curry with onions, raisins, and almonds. It was good, but since I didn't know how much oil was in the curry, I stuck with primarilly the rice/lentils and salad.

Afterwards, I headed to an art opening and an orchestra concert (2 Beethoven pieces!). At the art show, I had 2 strawberries, 3 baby carrots, and 3 strips of bell pepper. I love how the arts make me feel. It makes my life exponentially better. My heart just feels better when I'm listening to music.

Now I'm in my room, thinking about today, and mildly dreading tomorrow. I'm calling my mom and dad and telling them about ED/Emily Program. They are 1200 miles away, so I feel a little safer, but its going to be a very hard conversation. And after that conversation, I am calling my gifted counselor from high school, who I am incredibly close with. She's almost 60, but she's one of my closest friends. She gets me, and I get her, and she's a ton of fun. I'm telling her. I'm actually more scared about that than I am about telling my parents. I'm going to get a good night's sleep so I can deal with it.

I'm currently enjoying 1/2 a pear, 1/4 an apple, 1 tbsp oats (dry), 1 1/2 tbsp almond milk, and cinnamon, warmed with 3 PB Puffins on top. Yum!I'm sleepy. I have a 'big' day tomorrow, and I need to rest up. I hope the people on my floor will relax soon. I live right next to the floor lounge, and sometimes the noise keeps me up.

Thank you all for welcoming me into this wonderful world of blogging.I have received so much support. Its like having a wonderful, extended family.

Congratulations to Stef on being accepted for grad school at UC Berkeley!



Sweet Dreams

<3 Emma

2 comments:

Stef (More to Life Than Lettuce),  May 2, 2009 at 1:32 AM  

So your parents have no idea about your ED? Wow, that is a big step to tell them, but an important one! I know it won't be easy, but it's great that you're reaching out for support. Good luck tomorrow!

itsawrap,  May 2, 2009 at 6:27 PM  

Wow, that's alot off your chest to open up about. Thanks for sharing that with us.
On a happier note, you will LOVE the Chocolate Chip Clif Zbar. I tried for the first time this past week warmed up in my bowl of oatmeal. Enjoy!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP