A Do-Nothing Day
Hey girlies,
Okay, so today wasn't a do nothing day, but it was definitely a do nothing productive day.
I woke up, had some more PB-Choco Banana oats. Yummers. I also had some strawberries on the side... so fresh, so good! No pic though - my brain wasn't quite awake, and it didn't make the food-picture connection!
For the rest of the day, I just bummed around, both in my room and out and about on my bike. I donated a dress, a jacket, and a cami to Goodwill (and while I was there picked up 2 new sweaters for myself!), bought a comb (exciting, I know), and got some more produce. I was craving fresh fruits and veggies - I still am. I have a strong feeling that today, and the next few days are going to be highly raw. :)
I ran out of my blackbean/pumpkin/tofu thing during lunch, and I needed to make some more. I took a picture this time - I know its not the most beautiful thing in the world, but it is a testament to what a girl can make with out ANY sort of mixer, blender, or even masher. This was all me and my titanium spork. I shoud be featured in PETA's college cookbooks - I'm becoming a master of dorm room 'cooking' (I still want to get my hands on a copy of that though! I'm intrigued.)
When I bought my comb at Target, I also found something on sale that I just had to try! I reveal...
I was pretty satisfied when I opened the package, I have to say.
See all the PB love? Yeah. I know you want some.
Overall, I can see myself getting these again. The only reason I like the Clif ZBar more (and its actually a pretty large reason) is the nature of the ingredients - the Clif Company uses more natural, unprocessed ingredients, while Balance uses some things I can't really pronounce. However, this still tasted pretty darn good. So. Maybe once in a while? Good job Balance!
I'm not from a military family in any way - the last person from my family to be in the armed forces was my grandfather (Air Force), and he wasn't even a soldier. I was raised to be fairly ... against the idea of a large army/navy. I admit, I definitely lean to the left on the political spectrum - I am against the US presence in much of the Middle East beyond what is absolutely necessary. That being said, I am not against the troops, just policy. I've mentioned that I am an only child, but I've 'adopted' some siblings. My 'sister' is married to a very brave man who has been on tour four times, twice in Afghanistan and twice in Iraq. During his last tour (Iraq), his squad was ambushed and the humerus of his left arm (that would be the upper part for you non anatomically inclined readers. :P ) was shattered. His dream of being career military was all but destroyed in an instant. Luckily, he has been working very hard to recover movement and use - he'll never be assigned to active duty again, but he may be posted to a training job. I've been thinking about him all day. I don't know him well, but he means the world to my sister.
God bless our troops - both active and veterans.
Tomorrow I go into work, and then I've decided to meet up with the "St Paul Hiking Club" for a 'neighborhood hike' about two miles away from Macalester. I'll bike over to the Lund's they are meeting at, and then bike home when we're through! It won't compare to my hikes in NM, but I think it will be fun.
Have a lovely evening everyone! I know many of you are out at BBQ's with your family. I'm in my room. Sigh. I can't wait for people to get back.
Love you all!
Emma


15 comments:
Haha you should totally email PETA your recipe :) Or something like that. It looks very yummy.
Have a fab night!
<3 jess
xoxo
That is a cute little television guy! I agree though, when I do buy products, I like to get them with mostly/all natural ingredients.
Enjoy your hike tomorrow!
Much love,
Rachel
That box totally would've sucked me in too, lol!
Gosh...so sorry about your friend's husband. That's horrible!
Hi Em! (can I call you that? lol!)
LOVE that bkids box, those ugli dolls are my fave! Isn't finding new products so much fun?
I'm pretty much in line with you about the military stuff. I actually do come from a military family, sort of (2 of my uncles have served a bunch of times, including Iraq) and my grandpa, etc. but I am a fairly liberal person who opposes the military's involvement overseas! I'm against our currents wars, but I'm NOT against the troops. It's sad that people think support is mutually exclusive! If we love them, we should bring them home!
Sorry to hear about your "sister's" husband, but I'm glad he's recovering!
Have fun at your hiking club!
Cool kids bars. I'll have to try those when I find them. Glad you liked them.
Interesting, and beautiful in a way, what you posted about the troops and Memorial Day. I don't have any family members in the service either, but I do think we need to honor and thank them.
Have fun on your hike tomorrow! :)
Everyone knows the ugliest foods are the tastiest, dear!! ;) And that bar looks peanut buttery as hell, yum!
I'm sorry about your 'sister''s husband. He sounds really brave and it's uplifting to know he's recovering.
I hope you have a blast on your hike!
hi hun
that bar looks really yummy :) and breakfast sounds amazing!
i hope you have an amazing hike!
xxx
"Do nothing" days are good sometimes!!
LoL I go for "kids" food too sometimes... let the inner child out. :p
I'm sorry about your friend's husband, that's just awful!! :(
<3 <3
I've never seen those bars before! Balance's ingredients across the board tend to freak me out a little bit - why is there so many randos in there?! Sounds like a fun change though!
Have a great Tuesday :)
Such a smart idea to mix those black beans with tofu.. helloooo protein!!
I agree with your view on the troops! I hate when people thing that just because one doesnt support the war, that they don't support the troops. I'm so thankful for them. That's horrible about your sisters husband but i'm glad that he is recovering and that was the worst that happened to him!!!
Have a blast on your hike! That sounds like a lot of fun!! Take one of those bars with you! they're uber darling!
xoxo,
L
Your day sounds wonderful!
I love Zbars but haven't seen these other bars at my Target yet. Maybe I'll try them when they arrive!
emma! what an inspired recipe -- thanks for sharing! and those bars are intriguing, ill have to keep my eye out for them too.
gotta agree, i support the troops unconditionally, though i dont agree with why theyre there!
have a lovely day! xoxox
p.s. -- i LOVE ugli dolls! hahaha i have "ugly dog" =)
mm your oats sound awesome!!! and i must find those bars!
Mmm.. beans and tofu! My fave combination. I also enjoy Clif ZBars. Pop one in the microwave and top it with some stonyfield yogurt and you've got a nice little brownie treat there :)
I'm sorry about your friend's husband, glad to hear he is recovering though!
<3
Post a Comment