Wednesday, May 27, 2009

They call it work.

But its not. :) I'm just chilling, catching up on blogs, and making a guide to how to get around the Twin Cities by bus from Mac. Really - difficult, right?

While perusing the blogosphere, I've come across a giveaway or two that need mentioning:
An Apple a Day is hosting the last of her May giveaways!
Amanda from Run to the Finish is having a great Heart Thrive Vegan Energy bar giveaway!

So many of you wished me luck on last night's hike - it went pretty well! I biked over to the starting point (2 miles, but with a couple killer hills), we hiked about 3.5 miles, and then I biked on home. I was the youngest person there by at least 35 years, but I met some really nice folks. Several of them were affiliated with Macalester somehow (worked at, taught at, alum of, parent of student, etc.) - one woman, Barbara, in particular was wonderful. The hiking club meets twice a week, but she usually goes only on Sundays - she offered to pick me up and take me if I would like! Most of the starting points are far out of biking range, so this is wonderful. I'm so glad I found the club!

Erm... I don't have my camera cord with me right now, so I can't put any new pics up. I actually have some of breakfast and lunch today (last night's dinner too!). I do have one old pic that I've been meaning to post though:
There is a street near Macalester with several short poems in the sidewalk - this one was kind of cute, so I snapped a shot of it (a couple of weeks ago...). I know that all of you PB lovers will appreciate it. It doesn't speak well for emotional eating, which I don't like, as ED often ... encourages binging on bad days, but I still smiled when I saw it. So. Take from it what you will, and please know I'm not trying to offend anyone!

A few posts ago I mentioned that I backpacked in Greece for a while. I accidentally deleted all of my pictures from my computer - I feel sort of like an idiot. Luckily, I had uploaded some of them to facebook, and I stole a couple from other friends that were on the trip with me. Enjoy the beauty of the Mediterranean:






Oooh! I was just given some filing to do! Gotta run!

Love you all!

Emma

11 comments:

Bec May 27, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

The hike sounds like fun, and glad the fact that you were way younger didnt get in your way. Yesterday I mountain biked 55km with a family friend whos almost 60 and kicked my butt up those hill. Love the greece picks, its one of my favorite countrys, where all did you go?

Julie May 27, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

hey girl you won my salsa giveaway :) shoot me an email with your mailing address :)

juliegolean@gmailDOTcom

Trying To Heal May 27, 2009 at 3:51 PM  

the hike sounds great! and you backpacked greece!? that's amazing!!!

Anonymous,  May 27, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

that picture of the town in the evening is GORGEOUS!!
glad you had fun :)

Meg May 27, 2009 at 5:27 PM  

Absolutely gorgeous - ahh! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. Biking is something I definitely wanna get into - even more now after seeing all of this.

Have a great day girl!

Loveya!
Meg

K from ksgoodeats May 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

That peanut butter poem is great! Thanks for posting it!!

GORGEOUS pictures of Greece!

Erin May 27, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

BEAUTS pics of Greece. It's way high on my list of places to go.

Cool poem. :P

Anonymous,  May 28, 2009 at 12:35 AM  

Beautiful Greece pictures! I'm so envious. I've travelled nowhereee exciting.

So glad to hear the hike went well! It sounds like you've found a really great group, even if you are significantly younger. I get the feeling you're pretty mature for your age, as am I, so it's always good to interact with people of all ages. And you can learn and grow so much more that way, too.

Definitely try out some of my goals if you want! I'm surprised to find that they're actually already helping, as long as I really focus on completing them.

<3 Nell

The Novice Berker May 28, 2009 at 2:12 AM  

Wow, I LOVE that poem!! Sure, the poet didn't have EDs in mind when he was writing it, but what a fantastic description of a moment in time--emotions, images, all neatly packaged into a tiny 8-liner.

I am so unbelievably jealous of your trip to Greece. I dream of traveling there soon. :(

Have a lovely Thursday, Emma! <3

Lauryn (www.fitawakening.com) May 28, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

wow, beauty OVERLOAD in this post -- love the pics and the poem! thanks for sharing both!

also, i just realized you gave me the award a couple of days ago and i never properly thanked you -- THANK YOU! that means a lot, and i send it right back atcha =)

have a great day, girl! xox

Lo May 28, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

omg greece? i need to go to find myself a Kostas ;) I mean I can totz juggle Edward, Florida and Grecian!

rando question: i am figuring out what giveaway i wanna do and I am surveying my girlies to see what would be bestest--almond, peanut, macadamia butters? which one is a better choice?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP