Thursday, May 14, 2009

Another short one!

*No pics today - I forgot my camera in my room!

I woke up this morning with a SPLITTING headache. I have no clue what was going on. I made it into work by 7:30 somehow, and filed for a while. At 10, I was sent on a mail run, and I made a quick detour on the way back to pick up my final paper and my final test from my music classes. The paper I was confident on, but I was terrified to see how I did on my Beethoven test - the class was with my favorite (and very difficult) professor, and it was a senior seminar class. I am (or, now that the semester is over), I was a sophomore for goodness sake. I went into his office, and he gave me my things.

Paper: A (of course.)

Final:

Don't you want to know?

Really?

I tied for the top grade on the test! I don't know how. I know I studied for days, lost sleep, and stressed over it, but top grade? Although I still had a headache, I was on top of the world.

We then talked a little while, and he offered to do an independent study with me. He hasn't offered to do that with a student for years. I'm elated. I love him. I don't get to take any of his classes next year, so this will be a great opportunity!

I got back to work, filed/folded/tabbed for a while longer (until about 3 pm), and then I went out for a bike ride.

I wanted to see how long it would take me to bike over to the Emily Program, so I can give myself time on Monday, when I have my first ED appointment. I looked it up on Google Maps... 3.2 miles.

I got lost.

I FINALLY found it, and on my way back, I decided to take a longer route.

About 2.5 miles from campus, I was stopped at a light, waiting to cross, and some drunk jack*ss came over and pushed me off my bike! WTF!?!? I now have a lovely skinned knee. About .5 miles away from my dorm, it was actually dripping... so I stopped at Whole Foods to run into the restroom to clean it off.

I got some funny looks.

But then they helped me out and gave me their first aid kit.

I went out to dinner with one of the only people left on campus. We went to a little bakery/cafe/shop that has the widest variety of vegan 'meats' I've ever seen. All the food is Chinese style - I got the Broccoli and 'Fish' with brown rice, and I asked the sauce to be on the side. Sauces that I don't know the ingredients for are definitely a fear food for me - I used a little of it, but I love the 'fish', rice and (my favorite food) steamed broccoli on their own, thank you very much. I only ate half - huge portions! - so you'll probably get a picture of the left overs tomorrow!

I'm off to bed now. Getting lost and biking for 12 miles after a 7.5 hr shift takes it out of you.

If you are reading and have a little spare time, please check out my last post, and give me an idea for a college fact/interesting things/something list! I would really appreciate it!

Love,

Emma

6 comments:

Anonymous,  May 14, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

Hey!! I just caught up on your last couple posts and I wanted to let you know I am in exactlyyy the same boat as you! I have b/p - p episodes where I'll literally eat an entire box of cereal in one night. I'm too scared to tell anyone else so I've kept it to myself and have just resorted to not having cereal around in my room at night.

Back to happy thoughts though... I think when I came to college, the one thing I wish I had known was how to get around without a car! I literally did everything on campus my first couple semesters before I discovered public transportation, college shuttles, and even the fact that I could RUN to a lot of places! I hope that helps =)

Stef (More to Life Than Lettuce),  May 15, 2009 at 2:41 AM  

Hey I just read your latest post too..I'm sorry you had a "f*ckit" night! Those are the worst, but I can assure you there is nothing to be disgusted about. One of the many horrible things about anorexia is that restriction INEVITABLY sets you up to binge. Every time. There is not a single anorexic in the world who has not binged, simply because it is biologically impossible not to! So don't beat yourself up about it, as hard as it is. I REALLY HOPE that you find ED treatment helpful, and I'm so glad you'll be starting soon.

What a dickweed!! Who pushes someone off their bike??? That is actually really scary, I'd probably be all traumatized and stuff, lol. You are much calmer than I am.

CONGRATS about your independent study! Obviously your prof sees something special in you, and you've proven yourself to be an amazing student (top grade, what what!) so I know you'll thrive with the extra opportunity!

Yum, vegan Chinese food? Gotta get me some of that!

Again, congratulations about the school stuff...that is so great!!

Anonymous,  May 15, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

Yay! So proud of you for doing well on the test/paper (:

A drunk-o pushed you off your bike? What the hell? That is so...bizarre.

Have a good weekend love!

Cacti Don't Cry,  May 15, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

Congratulations on the grades!! It's great when you can work with a professor you actually like, instead of having to put up with some of the morons out there. Like the drunkard... sorry about your knee!!

<3 <3

Anonymous,  May 15, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

I can't believe someone pushed you off your bike. That's terrible. I'm glad you're okay.
An independent study sound so exciting. Now you'll have something to look forward to this summer.
Take care!
Sarah

ElleMigliore,  May 15, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

Sounds like you had such a mixed day of good and bad!! Congratulations on the test and paper score!! you're awesome! And to think you did all that with a splitting headache!! (which i hope is gone!)

Seriously, who pushes someone off a bike?! I honestly am still having a hard time understanding what would make someone do that!! There are too many losers out there! I'm glad youre okay and glad that WF helped you out!!

The "fish" and broc sounds really good!!! Definitely post some pics if you get a chance!

CONGRATULATIONS on the offer for independent study! What an honor! you should be so proud of yourself!

Have a wonderful Friday and enjoy the weekend! you defintiely earned it!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP