Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tomorrow morning is going to suck

I have a chiropractor's appointment at 7:00 am, which I've needed since.... depends on what body part I'm thinking of. I've had scoliosis since I was 9 (runs in the family), TMJ since I was 11, and last October, I seriously messed up one of my feet - so back, jaw, and feet. I was lucky enough to get a 90% discount on a $200 evaluation - that's right, I paid only twenty buccaroos. However, I was under the impression that the clinic was somewhere on the street that Macalester is located - within reasonable early morning biking distance. Since I wake up early anyway, the 7:00 appointment sounded perfect.

I was sadly mistaken.

Its about 5 miles away, which distance-wise is reasonable, biking-wise is not (no bike paths, crossing highways, etc.).

What does this mean? Tomorrow, I get to stand on a corner and catch a bus at 6:02 in the morning.

I'm excited.

NOT.

I am looking forward to the evaluation though - if anything, I should get a massage out of it. :)


Many people have asked me where I am getting my comics from - I find them on nataliedee.com. Also - Emily from Healthy and Sane said they would be good on T-Shirts. Emily, you're in luck! The site has a shop with all sorts of shirts, from nataliedee and a few other comics that are pretty fantastic (Toothpaste for Dinner, Married to the Sea, etc.). Check it out!

A review (or 2!)

I'm sorry for the lack of photograph... Its hard to take pictures at work when I'm surrounded by people!

For whatever reason, I had high hopes for this bar, and for the first time I can think of, Clif didn't meet them. This had plenty of spices, and tasted good enough, but for whatever reason, it just didn't grab me. Thinking about it now, I'm pretty sure it was due to the blend of spices - it was far too 'fall' to eat in the summer! I'll try it again when the leaves start to turn!

This bar has more fat (6g) and less protein (8g) than most of the Luna Bars, but its the only one of the chocolatey bars that doesn't have a strange flavor in my opinion. The caramel top is not overly sweet, and the combination of chocolate, caramel, and nuts really hit the spot. I can see this becoming a dessert in the future - it was pretty rich, and I can't see it (or rather taste) it going well with much else (perhaps solo in oats or something, but not paired with any stronger flavors).

Mmmkay. Time to pull my laundry out of the dryer and hit the sheets. Early wake up call!

Love you all,
Emma

14 comments:

Lo,  June 11, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

hope the appointment went well! im sending good thoughts ur way! and carrot cake is so good heated up and over some greek yogurt :)

Lo,  June 11, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

p.s. im not leaving facebook, it was just a thought LMAO

Anonymous,  June 11, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

Hope your appointment goes smoothly! Sorry to hear about the bus though.

I agree - the Carrot Cake Clif didn't really do much for me either.

Much love,
Rachel

itsawrap,  June 12, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

I've eaten those two bars in the past couple of days and I completely agree with both reviews. Carrot cake was a little disappointing but the caramel nut brownie is the closest healthier version of my fave dessert.

Cacti Don't Cry,  June 12, 2009 at 7:48 AM  

Yikes... catching early buses is never fun. Hope the appointment went well!!

<3 <3

Anonymous,  June 12, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

Augh, I just HATE early morning appointments. At least you'll have it over and done with before the sun comes up haha. ;)

Good luck though... I'm sure you'll be happy that you went in and got the doctor's opinion. You never know what good advice or information he'll have for you!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

xxoo
Heather

ellie,  June 12, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

yikes- 6:02 bus?! hope your appointment goes well!

the carrot cake clifs are so popular but I wasn't impresed at all! Maple nut on the other hand... ;)

Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous,  June 12, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

That's exactly how I feel about the carrot cake Clif -- the spices are just a bit too heavy.

Hope you caught your bus this morning!

K from ksgoodeats,  June 12, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

Chiropractors scare me! Hope your appointment went well! Great reviews :) I wasn't too much of a fan of carrot cake Clif either!

Danielle,  June 12, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

Good luck with your morning appt dear!

Pamela Alida,  June 12, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

hope that your appointment went well!

Krista,  June 12, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

When I first started eating luna bars I didn't like them, now they've replaced all my other bars. lol

I love the Nuts Over Chocolate.

Emily,  June 12, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

Hope your appointment goes well! Sorry it's so early, though..ick.

Thanks so much for the link to Natalie Dee! Ahh, love those t-shirts!

Anonymous,  June 12, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

Good luck with the appointment! Hope all goes well!

I love the carrot cake cliff bar--but I understand how it might be heavy on the spices for some people.
Thanks for the reviews!
<3 jess
xoxo

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP