88 cents!?
On my way to the chiropractor this morning, I had some time, so I stopped in at Rainbow Foods (A midwest supermarket chain), and was pleasantly surprised by an amazing sale - all Clif Bars (They carry Clif and Luna) were only 88 cents! Lets just stay I got my shop on. I'll be sure to get a picture of the haul soon. My camera's batteries are dead, and I have yet to buy more. I'm fairly sure I got a month's supply.
I did, however, manage to upload the pictures of my breakfast that I've been having the past few days: millet puffs (the store was out of kamut!), Kashi GoLean, a nanner, a sliced up apple, and some thawed frozen blueberries.
I prepare my breakfasts the night before (minus the kefir), so in the morning, I can add the kefir and some almond milk on my way out the door. I eat at work, while doing some work - I go in at 7:15 or so, but no one else gets there until 8:30 and usually stay until 5 (unless I have something like a doc appointment. Going in so early allows me some flexability with the afternoons, and if I don't have any appoinments that I leave early for, I get a half day on Fridays!
Chiropractor: a summary in pictures (not my own, but they approximate what is going on).
The equivalent of my neck:


Some anatomically correct written explanation:
Neck:
The normal cervical vertabrae (the top 7) are naturally curved at a 43-45 degree angle, and the top vertabrae (C1) angles downward at approximately 35 degress. This sounds extreme - when you see the charts, it makes sense. I tried to find one online, but I was unable to. Sorry! My neck? 9 degrees (-9)in the opposite direction, and only 23 for my C1. I am pretty messed up.
Spine:
I was first diagnosed with scoliosis when I was 10, but the doctors said I would be 'just fine' and 'not to worry'. Well, its worsened. And yeah.
So. Long story short? I get to start going to the chiropractor at least twice a week now. Joy oh joy.
On a MUCH brighter note, I had a lovely, wonderful time with Anna today. She came over to Mac, and then we walked over to the lovely Birchwood Cafe - about 3.5 miles, according to Google. We both ordered the sandwich and greens combo, with half a tempeh and hummus sandwich on foccacia (




12 comments:
88 cents?! I would've gotten like 20 and been set for a while. You totally got an ULTRA STEAL!
I hope your back and spine heal and the chiropractor helps!
Glad you had fun with Anna. Sounds like a great time!
<3 jess
xoxo
Oh my GOODNESS. Those pictures are insane! At least you found out now and can start doing something about it, lest it worsen over the next few years if you never had these appointments. Hopefully the chiropractor can help!
What a yummy, fruity breakfast! Your lunch sounds delicious, as well. I'd eat that sandwich any day!
Much love,
Rachel
oh no, I hope the chiropractor can mend u right up! you can def get past this! oh and 88 cent Cliffs? i believe they call that heaven...it would be an Oasis, if Rob Pat was the one selling them :) have a great night beautiful!
lo
Yikes, that looks -- not fun!! I hope the chiropractor visits help!
Did you check the expiration dates?? ;)
<3 <3
SO jealous about that Clif bar sale! I totally woulda stockpiled.
Sorry to hear about your scoliosis problems :( A good friend of mine has it as well, and I think she might have had some sort of corrective surgery. I hope the chiropractor helps!
Sounds like such a lovely day :) Hope the rest of your weekend goes well!
WOW i'm so jealous of that clif bar sale! I probably would have bought the entire store!!
I'm sorry about the problems with your scoliosis.. I have scoliosis too and it's always messed up my balance during gymnastics :( i hope the chiropractor helps though... i'm sure it'll make you feel better!!
i hope you're having a fabulous weekend :)
Yikes! Sorry to hear that things didn't sound too great at the chiropractor. At least it was what you had expected. Take good care of that body! :)
Sounds like a great afternoon though. That tempeh sandwich sounds delicious!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
xxoo
Heather
What a steal on the bars!! One of my friends had scoliosis and had surgery to correct it. In the end she ended up "growing" 2-3 inches!
88 cents?! Clif bars cost $4 here! :O I prepare my breakfasts the night before too, but add the milk/yogurt because I like it soggy!
Hope things go well with the chiropracter- did they say what it will involve? (not being 'nosy'- am genuinely interested in this stuff!)
Have you cooked tempeh yourself before? I've never had it but found some at the store (in EDINBURGH! Times are a-changin'!) and want to get it, but have no idea what to do with it- it's long like a sausage and is ROCK solid!
that is a SWEET deal on the clif and luna bars -- i'd go crazy stocking up for sure!!!
my cousin had severe scoliosis (had to get surgery for it) so i know how tough it is from her -- hope that the chiropractor helps you out a little bit though!
happy sunday!
Nice steals girlie!!!
OMGGGGG those pictures are INSANE!!! youve got one crazy back!
I have (mild) scoliosis too. It's such a pain (literally.. hurhur) you reminded me that I should get my back checked out since I've stopped doing yoga and have been experiencing pain in my ribs especially when running. I hope the chiropractor can help you, girl-- Love the blog :) get some rest!
Post a Comment