Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Daddy's Big Day

This deserves a special post of its own.

Have you ever seen this book?

Its about a little bear named Emma, who goes on the quest for a pet, and ends in the big bear arms of her daddy. Its basically my story. :)

Really. My dad is Italian, and rather hairy, and I was convinced he was part bear for the first ... 8? years of my life. It didn't help that he exploited my unwavering faith that everything he said was true, and he told me his father was a bear.

I'm definitely a daddy's girl - my best memories from childhood always include him. He's been my anchor, my friend, and my teacher all my life. I am so happy to call him my dad. I can't put into words how much I love him.

I wish I had a picture of us together. I'll have to get one the next time I see him (Aug 10!)

I love you dad!

10 comments:

Anonymous,  June 21, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

Awww! This is so sweet :)
<3 jess
xoxo

Anonymous,  June 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

So sweet Emma! Spoil that big bear today! ;)

xxoo
Heather

Anonymous,  June 21, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

Awww that's such a cute story!

I used to think my dad was part turtle ;)

Anonymous,  June 21, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

awhhhh a big bear! haha cute!
i love all the daddy posts!

Lauryn (www.fitawakening.com),  June 21, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

oh my goodness, such a sweet story -- i love the minds of children and how they work! your dad seems like a great guy =)

hope you had an amazing weekend!!

Anne,  June 21, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Aw, what an adorable story! And how cute that you thought your dad was part bear :D

Anonymous,  June 21, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

What a cute book! I love children's books with special meaning - we have lots in my fam.

Anonymous,  June 21, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

That is so sweet! You'll just have to give him extra hugs when you see him in August!

Emily,  June 21, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

Aw, so cute. I've never read the book, but it sounds like it fits perfectly. :-)

Anonymous,  June 22, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

aw thats too adorable :)
have a great day hun
xxxx

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP