Humidity hates me
I grew up in the desert - with 110+ degree weather on a regular basis. Sometimes it was hard, but it was always manageable.
Now I'm in MN with weather in the low 90s, and I'm dying. Well, not really, but sometimes it feels like it would be a quick way to cool down. I'm never dry, I'm constantly chugging water and yet still feel dehydrated, and I'm wiped - from doing nothing. Gosh I hope it either cools down or dries up a little soon!
Thanks to everyone for the luck on my tours! I've given 5 this week already (normally I would have given 1, maybe two by Wednesday), and they've all gone really well! We walk backwards on tours, and my only 'mess up' so far has been walking into a door frame once. Oops! I laughed it off though, and the tours still really enjoyed their time. :)
Last week I mentioned the whole debacle with the dietitian - I was supposed to see them yesterday, and in the morning the doc's office called and moved my appointment to today. Hopefully, this time it will all work out. I'm kind of having a hard time with it right now, and having a plan would really help me.
I've been waking up really early - 5:15ish - every day for the past few weeks. I hate being bored, so the mornings have all been busts - I can't get much done in the morning without waking the roomies, so I've just been sitting, which I don't really like. So yesterday, I got a free week's pass to a 24 hour gym! I can wait to use it. I was going to go this morning, but I didn't get back until 12 or so last night (trivia night at a local restaurant - the tour guides were a team!), so I'll go in this afternoon after the dietitian appointment, and then hopefully tomorrow morning when I wake up!
On the food front - nothing new. :( Think oatbran, wraps, salads.... I haven't taken any new pictures, so just look at older posts if you really want to.
Mmkay...
Off to give more tours!
Emma
PS - Don't forget to send me your addresses - I still have lots of postcards that need friends! And if you live abroad, I don't care - I'll pay the postage!
PPS - Giveaways!
Naturally More from Erica! And her Amazing Grass one as well!


17 comments:
Oatbran, wraps, and salads sounds good to me! WOW- that is early! I can't get anything done that early either ;) Glad your tours are going well! Hope they continue to go well!
<3 jess
xoxo
I don't know if you mentioned... where are you giving tours at?
Hope the meeting with the dietitian goes well! Don't worry about it hun, just go in there with a positive attitude and listen to what she has to say! She probably has some good advice for you and can help you create that plan you're looking for. :)
xxoo
Heather
A free gym member ship for the week? sounds like a good deal! Hope its not too hot during the tours!
I don't remember MN being all that bad!! Maybe that's just me...
Good luck with the dietitian!!
<3 <3
you get up the same time as me! do you have AC? The hot nights are impossible to sleep through!
Hope your appointment goes well...
hey nothing wrong with oatbran! it's my favvvvv!
good luck today lover!
Good luck with your meeting!!
You are looking at the number one hidmitity hater in the world. I absolutely loathe the sticky, drenched feeling, and my curly hair does too! UGH. It's the worst.
So glad your tours are going well though, it sounds like fun! Trivia is always a blast too.
Good luck with the dietitian!
Much love,
Rachel
i love free stuff! especially gym memberships! I wake up early too, but I love it because I have more of the day :)
Ahhh nice one with the free gym membership - and a 24 hour one?! No fair. Mine closes at 11. Although, my parents don't let me go after dark since our car has been broken into twice! (And I don't even live in a shady neighborhood...)
I understand the humidity COMPLETELY. Houston weather is unbearable. I think the high today was 102. With who knows how high of humidity. Ick.
ahhh those tours sound stressful - and if i were you, i woudlve walked into 600544545 door frames. ive always wondered how tour guides walked backwards.
ahhhh you and me have a curse of the early morning internal clock. i HATE HATE HATE it. i cannot sleep past 6 for the life of me. its horrible!!
have fun with the tours!!
Hang in there! Being MN tough means withstanding both the winters AND the summers, after all!
That sounds like a great idea to use up some of your downtime! Yay for 24 hour gyms! You could always try taking up a new hobby as well? Maybe some kind of art or craft? Try sewing, scrapbooking, drawing, or... I don't know, the world is at your feet!
Humidity = rough! I LOVE to visit the South, but I'm so grateful to be from the NW (oregon) and to live in Utah where it's nice and dry... well, most of the time.
Don't let it get ya down! No one cares what your hair does! I'm sure it's cute whatever happens to it! (:
XOXO,
Keri
oh and P.S. I REALLY need to find a way to get myself over to Greece, I know! If you ever want a partner to go back over there and bum our way through Europe... I'm your gal!
Hi Emma! I just came across your blog over on Baylee's Caffeine & Laughter blog and I like it a lot! I added you to my reader, and I'm going to keep checking! :)
hi hun
yeah when your in ireland we should have a blogger meet up for sure :) it would be super fun!!
im so glad the tours are going well, you go girl :)
xxxx
I love oatbrans, I love salads, I freaking love wraps. Sounds like good eats to me!
I totally agree with the weather. hot and dry I can tolerate, but NOT hot and humid. AH!
Post a Comment