Friday, June 5, 2009

Not too bad.

So, as I said in my earlier post, work was boring - for whatever reason, there is nothing to do! At noon, most of the office staff (the 'backroom' staff in the admissions office) left, and only a few of the counselors remained. I love everyone of them, so I went to see if they had 'special' projects for me to do. Nope. I did nothing... until 2:30, when my 38.75 hours I'm allowed to work were up! Hurrah for going in super early every morning (7:1ish) - it means an early Friday!

I hit the gym for a little while - I did more on the treadmill! I ran again! Woo hoo! I don't actually know how much (distance or time) I did, because I had to go to the bathroom a third (?) of the way through, and the treadmill forgot what I had done that far. Sigh. Something around 35 minutes? 4 miles? Dunno. It felt good though.

I then went out and laid in the grass for a while with a cheesy book. And a can of ...


Caffeine free diet Coke crack. Does this make it half crack? Anyway, it was cool and bubble under the hot sun. Yummo.

Dinner was a sweet po-tater with peanut butta and some steamed love broccoli. I also had a cup of Kix. Gotta love my Kix. (not pictured)

Just for kicks, this is approximately what I have been having for breakie the past few days. Oh the joys of dorm living.

Hmmm. This pic is rather banana heavy. I swear, that under that heap o' nanner is GoLean Crunch, kamut puffs, some plain kefir, flax and chia seeds, and some almond milk. Promise.

Before I get to the packages like I promised, I have review or two.

I found this Unsweetened Vanilla Hempmilk during my trip with Anna to Stillwater. I've seen Living Harvest at Whole Foods for a while, but only the sweetened kind. When I saw this, I jumped on the opportunity. It has a nutty flavor that I rather like (or love), but I don't think I'll buy it again. It was certainly thicker and more ... milk like than my unsweetened Almond Breeze (gotta love Blue Diamond!), but since I put flax seeds and chia seeds in my cereal anyway, I don't need the Omega 3s. And... I have a ton of flax seeds and chia seeds left, so I should use them up before I pay more for this. Sigh. However, I do recommend this for anyone who does need a little boost of omegas - it does make a lovely addition to the morning routine. :)



One of my co-workers gave this Rachel's Orange, Strawberry, and Mango yogurt to me - I was surprised how thick it was! I was expecting a much thinner consistency, but this was super creamy. I did love the flavor, but I was not a fan of how much sugar was in it... it did have a good amount of protein though, which almost made up for it. I'd love to try the other flavors - especially the Plum Honey Lavender, Peach Green Tea, and the Vanilla Chai.


And now to the goodies....



I won Julie's Big S Farm's giveaway, and the package arrived today! Vance, from Big S Farm's sent me 3 jars of salsa (medium, hot, and extra hot) and 3 bottles of hot sauce (Tennessee Mountain Green, Tennessee Lightening, and Tennessee Thunder). I love salsa, so I was pretty excited about this. I've tried the medium, and it was tasty - not hot enough for my taste, but that is what the other ones are for, right? I look forward to trying the others. Thank you so much Julie and Vance!




And now, to the absolute highlight of my week (drumroll, please.........)

My secret bloggie buddy was... Lora, from Honey Nut Lo! This girl is the best. I absolutely adore her. That was before I recieved this... and this just made her even better. Check it: an adorable journal, a PB Cookie Lärabar, three different Clif Bars, Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax granola, WCW, Honey Nut Cheerios, 5 Smucker's PB cups, sour and normal gummy worms, a cute little scoop, and an adorable polka-dot 'ice cream' bowl, which I'm sure will become my next cereal bowl. She also sent me a hilarious card:


Isn't she a perfect doll? I love her. I can't wait to try all my new goodies.

Just one question: if Ms. White Chocolate Wonderful is with me, then what is Mr. Smooth Operator doing? Is Ms. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl hangin' with Dark Chocolate Dreams? Oh man. Scandalous!

*If you don't know what I'm talking about, check the past few days on Ms. Lo's blog. Its a soap butta drama. :)

Does anyone ever get that feeling of neverending thirst? Seriously. I've been chuggin' water like there is no tomorrow, and I just can't stop. At work, I think I had about 32 ounces, and an unknown amount of tea. Probs something like 9 cups? Its freezing back there, and in order to keep a decent temperature, I have to keep drinkin' it.

Mmkay. Bloggy catch up time! Ooh! Check out Heather's wonderful summertime giveaway!

Before I go, thank you so much for your continued support and kind words. You all are amazing, and I love you.

Emma

9 comments:

Anonymous,  June 5, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

I'm the opposite way these days...I'm just NOT thirsty! then again, it's been raining non-stop. urgh...
oh my god. LOVELY goodie package! loving the WCPB! and that awesome bowl! and lol, what a spoon! I wouldn't mind a big spoon for oatmeal, either.

Anonymous,  June 5, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

I love the sweet tater with pb! What a great idea! :) And your breakfast mixture sounds totally yummy! Loving all the mixing goodness.

AWESOME reviews and packages. Enjoy all those goodies. Can't wait to hear the reviews on them!

xxoo
Heather

Anonymous,  June 5, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

SOOOO jealous of your bloggie swap package!! Everything looks so awesome in there! I agree, Lo is fantasticccc. And so are you!! <3 Have a great weekend girlyyy

Bec,  June 5, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

sounds like a perfect way to spend some time in the sun, I love my cheesy reads!

Lo,  June 6, 2009 at 1:17 AM  

gah u are perfect!! love that u LOVED my package (thats what she said)

I promise to give a FULL nut butter update tomorrow...BIG DRAMA up in here....


xoxo
lo

Anonymous,  June 6, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

Awesome packages! How perfect is it that you won jars of salsa?

I've had Rachel's yogurts a couple of times, and I always thought they were mega sweet, too. I'm not really fussed about sugar content, but I'm pretty easily overwhelmed by too-sweet yogurt (artificial or not).

ellie,  June 6, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

what a great package! Enjoy it!

I need to try sweet potato + nut butter...it's popping up on a lot of blogs and looks delicious! Hemp milk sounds great- am still on the lookout for it...no luck so far, just sweetened almond, quinoa and oat milk.

Enjoy your weekend :)

K from ksgoodeats,  June 6, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

What a great package!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the card :)

I'm obsessed with drinking water when it's summer - I get dehydrated way too easily! I hope you have a lovely Saturday!

Meg,  June 6, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

Ahhh sweet potato and peanut butter is so good! Kix are definitely a winner too! You need to get some PB Puffins though...asap!

That package is so lovely! Enjoy all of your goodies, you deserve it, no doubt. Those little peanut butter cups come in handy SO often, I used to steal them from the dining hall in college...haha!

I definitely know what you mean about never ending thirst - I'm on a roll right now actually...it's only 2 and I've had about 7 glasses..I can't stop! Diet Coke is definitely crack...all crack, caffiene or not, but feed your addiction girl - NO SHAME! Diet Coke is just fine & dandy in moderation.

Love you!!
Meg

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP