Friday, June 26, 2009

Quick recap

I promise I do a real post this weekend (hopefully tomorrow!), but here's a quick and dirty sum up of my Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Wednesday:

I saw the dietitian and ... first time meetings are never helpful. She asked me some questions, and didn't really provide me with any help at all. Sigh. Because my eating has been disordered (in someway) pretty much my entire life, I really need a hard core structure/meal plan in order to get back on a healthy track. I see her again on Tuesday, and I'm just going to lay that down. Sigh. The rest of Wednesday was pretty uneventful... I did get Regina Spector's new album. I'm not normally a fan of female artists (no clue why!) but I love her. And the new album is great. I highly recommend it.

Thursday/Friday:

Tours tours tours and work work work, with some Shred and food thrown into the mix. Nothing exciting, mind you - I've been so busy that its been school café for me the past couple of days - salads, sandwiches and fruit. Not the most interesting or presentable foods. Yup.

On a slightly brighter note... TRADER JOE'S OPENED UP NEAR ME TODAY!!! TWO MILES - WALKING DISTANCE!!!!

See? Brighter note. :)

I see the therapist for the first time tomorrow - I hope this first meeting is at least somewhat helpful or something.

Blue Eyed Heart is having a 95/100th post giveaway. :)

Love you all - I promise I've been reading all of your blogs! I haven't been commenting because I've been a busy bee. A very tired, overheated bee. To bed with me!

Emma

14 comments:

Anonymous,  June 27, 2009 at 12:07 AM  

good to hear from you- sounds like a crazy week so I hope you have a fun/relaxing weekend planned!

Nutritionists are hard and often take the lead from patients so definitely make it clear exactly what you need from her right now :)

So exciting about Trader Joe's :D

Devan,  June 27, 2009 at 1:27 AM  

SO exciting about TJ';s! i wish i had one in canada

Anonymous,  June 27, 2009 at 6:33 AM  

Hi hun,
sorry you have issues with your dieticin :( is there any others you can see??
when are you coming to ireland? what college are you attending???
xxxxx

Anonymous,  June 27, 2009 at 8:06 AM  

Sorry you didn't get what you needed straightaway from the dietition. It can be frustrating sometimes, but I know you'll get what you need soon!

YAY for Trader Joe's!

Much love,
Rachel

Anonymous,  June 27, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

Sorry the dietitian didn't go so well. She probably just wanted to use this first session to get to know you and figure out where you are as far as eating habits. Don't stress out too much... as long as you are willing to work with her and get a plan working, I'm sure she'll be able to help you out!

Try to get some relaxation in this weekend! You deserve it! :)

xxoo
Heather

Lauryn (www.fitawakening.com),  June 27, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

YAY FOR TJS!!!! now THAT is really great news!

i know that its not easy to start up a new program at first, but i know it will work out for you -- just remind yourself how brave and strong you are for actually committing yourself to getting healthier and happier!!

hope you have a beautiful saturday emma =)

Anonymous,  June 27, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

That is a brighter note!!! :)
Hope all things work out with the nutritionist!!
<3 jess
xoxo

Anonymous,  June 27, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

I think I got my mealplan at my second meeting with the nutritionist. She worked it around my established eating patterns (ie, no AM snack, but one in the afternoon) and I think just wanted to get a general feel for what I needed. You'll get there!

Anonymous,  June 27, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

I'm so so so so so jealous that you have a TJ's now!

Hope all the meetings and whatnot coming up go well/better.

Love you!! <3 Nell

Anne,  June 27, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Sorry your first dietitian visit didn't go so well. Hopefully your next visit will be more productive!

Yay for Trader Joe's!! I love that store :D That definitely is a brighter note :)

I hope you have a lovely Saturday

Anonymous,  June 27, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

Personally, I don't like TJ's... is that a sacrilege?!

First appointments can be pretty "hazy" ... I hope the meeting with the therapist goes well and that the dietitian winds up working out for you.

<3 <3

Baylee♥,  June 28, 2009 at 7:22 AM  

Hey girlie! i know exactly what you mean - ive been a 'disordered' eater for at least half my life and its hard to have someone to tell you to make some adjustments to your eating - most of the time, it IS easier to take little steps in changing things, but if you're like me, a big change needs to be made or its very difficult to see any progress at all.

good luck!!

Anonymous,  June 28, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

Hey girl I got your postcard and I wanted to say thanks SO much! You're sooo sweet :)
<3 jess
xoxo

Peanut Butter Swirl,  June 28, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

im sorry the nutritionist didn't help out too much :\

YAYY FOR TRADER JOES!! OMG THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS YOU MUST TRY :) haha
just to name a few - Strawberry O's, Blueberry OatBran Muffins, Banana chocolate Protein Muffins and their Indian Fare Meals :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP