Thursday, June 18, 2009

Scratch that.

This morning I was supposed to see the dietitian at a location about 10 miles away from Mac (another extension of the Emily Program in one of the TC suburbs). I paid 40 effing bucks for a cab ride out there, only to find out that I had been told the wrong location. Apparently it was in the St. Paul one that is bikeable (read - free). But the card that they gave me had the other location circled and everything. Not only did I dish the bucks out, but I missed the appointment and had to reschedule for Tuesday.

Now I'm a wreck, feel terrible (both mad, stressed, and really down), and I'm 80 bucks poorer. Today is the day I'm probably going to have to talk to my boss, because next week is the only time in the summer that we were explicitly told we can't time off during, and guess what? Now I have to.

I hate Thursdays. I've said it before on some of your blogs. I really do.

Emma

12 comments:

Anonymous,  June 18, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

I'm so sorry girl!! I hope your Thursday gets better. I'd be mad and upset too. Let me know if you need anything :)
<3 jess
xoxo

Anonymous,  June 18, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

I'm so sorry that the appointment didn't work out today. I know it doesn't make the situation any better, but it was totally not your fault!

Talking to bosses about needing to take time off for appointments is hard, but isn't it illegal for him to say you can't do it??

Your Thursdays are my Fridays... I hate those. I hope the rest of your day is better.

<3 <3

Anonymous,  June 18, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

Awww hun, I'm so sorry! What a bummer way to start out your day! Try not to let it get you down. It was totally out of your control and you have nothing to blame yourself for. Try to relax and do something fun today instead to get your mind off it. Hope things turn around for you! :)

xxoo
Heather

Anonymous,  June 18, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

that sucks- I'm sorry :(

hope the talk with your boss goes well and the rest of your day improves xxx

Emily June 18, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

Aww, so so sorry. What a rough day so far. I would complain about the wrong address to the program.

Hope things go well with your boss.

Hang in there, Emma!

Lo June 18, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

i totally always go to wrong addresses, miss appointments and constantly run late. I don't know why, but its just something that always happens to me!

Remember its almost the weekend babygirl! Hvae a beautiful day!

Anonymous,  June 18, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

Nooo! Arg, how utterly frustrating. But I think your boss will be most understanding as to why you need the time off next week. And I wonder if there isn't something the Emily Program can 'do' about the mix up, if they really did explicitly tell you the wrong location -- you'd think they should do SOMEthing! I'm willing to call them up and make threats for you, heh.

Anonymous,  June 18, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

Ugh! I'm so sorry. Hopefully your boss will work with you to come to some agreement? Regardless, that was very unprofessional of the Emily Program, and it sucks that you had to deal with that. Wishing you a better ending to your day than it started, dear.

Much love,
Rachel

Lauryn (www.fitawakening.com) June 18, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

aww emma! so sorry -- that's a really really frustrating situation and i feel bad that you had to go through that today! hoping your day gets better from here!

Meg June 18, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

I'm so sorry Emma! I know days like this can really get you down, but try and be optimistic about it, and realize the good in today - no matter what happened, you still have a wonderful group of family and friends that are always here for you! And that's what matters most in life.

Love you! Things do get better!

Love,
Meg

Julie June 18, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

keep your head up girl ;) everything happens for a reason!

The Novice Berker June 18, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

Oh my gosh, I can feel your frustration seeping from my laptop screen, darling. Try your very best to take deep breaths today, and let your stress sort of drip away.

For the appointment, I would probably tell someone of authority that you were given the wrong location and shelled out major bucks to get there. Some kind of compensation might hopefully come your way, but I know filing complaints of any kind is kind of an additional stressful hassle too.

I hope your boss is understanding about next week as well.

Everything will be okay, Emma. <3

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP