Sunday, June 14, 2009

SUNday

I need to invest in some sunscreen. I went on a nice bike ride this morning, that ended with a trip to Target. I think I spent about an hour or two in the sun this morning, at least (and then another couple hours this afternoon!). But before I get ahead of myself - breakfast!


Some Kashi GoLean (under it all!), puffed millet, some pumpkin, blueberries, kefir, and almond milk. So good.


Look at that goodness.


At Target, I got some essentials (vitamins, detergent), and I also found a super cute dress and shirt for pretty cheap.

This was the best picture I could get, unfortunately. Sorry! Its super cute though! (And look at my cheeks - I really need sunscreen!)

It looks better off the hanger...

The rest of the day was mostly just chilling, reading, and riding my bike around. I did manage to get over to the closest branch of the public library - I got a card, and 3 books about Ireland: one of the "Let's Go - On a Budget" books, a book about rail riding in Europe, and a little guide to Cork! I'm excited to look at them.

And now... dinner! I found out that I had a meal left on the meal plan this week (what? This was totally my 6th!), so I went in and um, got some bell peppers, broccoli, black beans, and mushrooms. I had an acorn squash sittin' in my room, so I through together this:


Pre-roast


My dinner plate!


Up-close and personal with delish

And now? Just hanging. Chilling. Watching the pilot of Freaks and Geeks - Anna told me about it, and since we seem to have a very similar taste in many things, I though I would check it out. Its fantastic - not only because John Francis Daley (read: Dr. Sweets in Bones) is in it, but its a great representation of the crazy that is high school. Although, so far, it reminds me a lot of middle school... whatever. Its great. And just as I'm typing this the song Renegade from Styx was just featured - which totally reminds me of the summer camp I went to for 4 years. LOVE. Thanks Anna! I'll probably watch a couple of these for a while, and then go to sleep.

And now, three giveaways that need acknowledgment!

First, an Apple a Day is hosting a PB + Omega 3s giveaway here. Also - her popcorn giveaway!.

Finally, Heather is having a Yoga Download giveaway - totally amazing.

Mmkay. More Freaks and Geeks...

Love you all!

Emma

12 comments:

Anonymous,  June 14, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

Ooh yeah don't foget your sunscreen! I always get sizzled the worst on the part of my hair. It makes showering so painful!

Delish eats, m'dear.

Much love,
Rachel

Anonymous,  June 14, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

I am bad about sunscreen. Need to get better at that. Love your buys, super cute. I think you look like adorable!
<3 jess
xoxo

Anonymous,  June 14, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

YES sunscreen it up, girl! Your breakfast is so pretty, I've been debating picking up a bag of puffed millet but I wasn't sure if it was any good (read: hadn't seen it anywhere on the blogworld yet, lol)

Cuteeee clothes! Love shopping at Target!

Roasted veggies! Freaks and Geeks! I LOVE that show, I haven't seen it in years but it is really funny. And James Franco is in it (I'm kinda obsessed, and he is a local boy from about 15 mins by my house!) I hope you like it!

Anonymous,  June 14, 2009 at 11:59 PM  

Putting on sunscreen always feels like such a chore, but I remind myself how miserable I'll be if I don't. I love the sun, though :) Helps my brain make more serotonin.

Yummyyyyy veggies. Mmmm...I'm craving a humongous veggie plate for lunch tomorro.w

Anonymous,  June 15, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

That's an ADORABLE dress! I just love finding cute summer clothes at great prices.

Dinner looks fantastic! Quite the summery mix of veggies... YUMMY!

I haven't actually heard of Freaks and Geeks before. What channel is that on?

Thanks for the shoutout Emma! Have a wonderful Monday! :)

xxoo
Heather

Anonymous,  June 15, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

That's an ADORABLE dress! I just love finding cute summer clothes at great prices.

Dinner looks fantastic! Quite the summery mix of veggies... YUMMY!

I haven't actually heard of Freaks and Geeks before. What channel is that on?

Thanks for the shoutout Emma! Have a wonderful Monday! :)

xxoo
Heather

K from ksgoodeats June 15, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

I'm an SPF fuh-REAK! I need my sunscreen!!

I love the bowl you had your breakfast in! Cute dress!!

I wish I had the patience to wait for veggies to roast - looks delicious :)

Anonymous,  June 15, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

Yay! So glad you're enjoying Freaks and Geeks. I watched it before John Francis Daley started appearing on Bones, and when he did I had that annoying, 'Who IS this guy? He looks so familiar!' feeling until I looked it up. He's only grown about three feet since Freaks and Geeks!

Anonymous,  June 15, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

supercute buy hun :)
the eats look delicious!
xxx

Anonymous,  June 16, 2009 at 2:22 AM  

Ah, I'm a bit sunburnt today too!! From walking my dog to laying out with friends, I should have stocked up on the sunscreen earlier!

Your breakfast looks DELICIOUS! Now, if I had puffed millet, kefir and almond milk....I'd make it for sure! :)

stephchows June 17, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

mmmmmmm your breakfast looks like a perfect afternoon snack too!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP