Thursday, June 4, 2009

No Title

Today is just going to be a recap of yesterday and today, and a short review - the two days have been a little emotionally ravaging. I'm catching up on blogs after I write this, and then I'm taking some down time.

Yesterday in my session at the Emily Program, we covered my various histories: family, health (both medical and mental), and relationship with food/shape/body. I talked extensively of things I rarely talk of with people: my long term body/shape/food issues (overweight since I was 5) due to unhealthy family eating habits, the rape in sixth grade, my subsequent weight gain (highest weight of 245) and depression, and the beginning of ED last summer. As you see, these are not light issues, and because I didn't really tell anyone about the rape for 5 years, it is still quite difficult for me to recount anything associated with it.

Last night, I woke up at 11 and I had a nice little bout of food poisoning. I have no idea what it was about. I may have mentioned it before - I HATE throwing up. Its one of my least liked things in the entire world. But last night I just woke up, grabbed the trash can, and bleh. And then I was up for a couple of hours. No fun. Today I was pretty dehydrated and I had a headache. I tried to go for a swim, but after about 15-18 minutes, I was wiped. That may have also had to do with the fact that I haven't been in the water for about a year. But anyway - I don't know what the food was about, because I didn't have anything yesterday that I haven't had for several days. Let's hope that doesn't happen again!

In the post from earlier today, I mentioned the Macalester student that died. I talked with some professors today, both of which had her in their classes - they suspect suicide. I know its not my fault in anyway, but I wish that I could have known she was having such a hard time. I wish I could have reached out more, maybe done something more for her.

This photo is from NM on the highway. Its one of the most beautiful pictures I have of it - it brings me hope - a double rainbow after a massive storm. I hope that Eileen's family has a rainbow in their future, and that Eileen is somewhere better, somewhere she feels there is hope.


My eats the past couple of days have not been exciting at all - cereal/banana/kefir/POM messes for breakfast (taken into work at 7:20 and eaten while stuffing envelopes), wraps for lunch with veggies and tofurky, and salads with something else (school meal plan uncertainty, anyone?). The only picture I have worth posting is ...This is actually from several days ago... not sure when!

I finally found a lone Chocolate Almond Kashi Crunchy Bar at my local WF!

I liked this one, but it wasn't my favorite. The almond flavor was very subtle - I would have liked a stronger almond flavor. The stats on these bars are fantastic though - 160-180 cals, 3-5g fat, and 8-11g protein. The only part I don't like about is the fact that the first ingredient it brown rice syrup - luckily, the sugars still aren't very high. These do contain soy for you soy-conscious folks (I'm not to worried). As far as flavors go, my choice for flavors go: Chocolate Pretzel, Cinnamon Coffee Cake, Chocolate Peanut, Chocolate Almond, and then Chocolate Caramel.

Mmkay. I'm out.

Love you all, and thank you so much for all your wishes. Although the past couple of days have been hard, knowing you are there for me has helped.

Emma

12 comments:

Anonymous,  June 4, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

Hey love! I'm sorry to hear about the suicide--that's horrible!! I'll definitely be praying for the family! That wrap picture looks really yummy!
<3 jess
xoxo

Bec June 4, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

I'm sorry you are going through difficult times right now, I am thinking about you girl!

Cacti Don't Cry June 4, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

I'm sorry about the emotional drain... if you want to talk you know where to find me!!

<3 <3

Anonymous,  June 4, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

Sorry to hear things are a bit stressful right now. Try to take a step back and relax... you have so much going for you and so many people supporting and rooting for you! Stay positive girl! :)

Glad you finally found the Kashi GoLean! I totally agree that it should be more almond-y. You can never have enough almonds! ;)

xxoo
Heather

Anonymous,  June 4, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

I've ONLY ever had that chocolate almond flavor Crunchy bar -- Chocolate Pretzel and Coffee Cake sound pretty amazing, though!

It's almost the weekend!

Anonymous,  June 4, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

Emma...I really had no idea about your history...I am so sorry, but I am AMAZED by how strong and courageous you are! each day is a struggle, but you are facing it with a grace of steel. *HUGS* I hope the days get btter for you hon!

Anonymous,  June 4, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

We're always here for you <3 I hope you know that.

You are an incredibly incredibly strong person. You've been through so much but yet here you are. I know you'll make it through...just keep going.

Tiny Tina. June 4, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

Oh Emma. This post has filled me with hope..despite all that you've been through, you're determined to keep trucking. And that is amazing and inspiring, so thank you. =)
I hope you feel better soon! Silly random food poisoning. Just take it easy and eat some dryish things for a little bit.
I'm so sorry to hear about that girl..she and her family will definitely be in my thoughts. If you need to talk about anything at all, don't hesitate to email me! My address is thadramaqueen_@hotmail.com. =)
YUMMY WRAP! and I wishwishwish with all my heart that Kashi products were available here!
Hope you feel better xoxox

The Novice Berker June 5, 2009 at 3:57 AM  

Going over histories is the worst part of any kind of new program, in my opinion. But it's necessary, of course. :( It'll get better soon, dear. Worry not. <3

I hope you feel better soon, and that the food poisoning is out of your system.

As for your classmate, I know that if you had even an inkling that she were in that kind of trouble or hardship, that you would have reached out to her--even if you didn't know her very well. So don't fret, love.

K from ksgoodeats June 5, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

I hope you feel better soon! I've never had food poisoning but it doesn't sound like fun :(

The Kashi pretzel bar is the BEST!! That wrap looks awesome as well!

Pamela Alida June 5, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

I'm sorry to hear about the suicide. I know its really hard to hear when that happens. There is always something you think you could have done differently.

I know how difficult it is to talk about things from the past especially so many years later. I am really proud of you for getting through the appointment. Intakes are always the most difficult but once you establish a relationship with your therapist, things get a lot easier to talk about.

ellie June 5, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

I'm sorry... I lost a couple of friends to suicide recently so can relate to how hard this is/helpless you feel. My email inbox is open if you want to talk x

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP