Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pants

Today I woke up and it was 42 degrees and raining outside. I was intending on going for a run, but screw that. I do not like the idea of wet, cold, or the combination of the two. So... it didn't happen. I am playing 'raquetball' (read : running around with a racket with a friend like crazy people), so whatevs. I'm over it.

However, the self-esteem is a little low today. Because of the wonderful weather*, pants were necessary. However, I only really own two pairs of jeans (my cords are my old RA's, and 1. they look much better rolled up, and 2. they are rather dirty. Can anyone say laundry time?). Neither one really 'fits': one pair is too big, and a belt is needed, and the other pair fits, but I feel very self conscious in them. Sadly, I chose this pair, and ED is screaming 'restrict, restrict!' at me, hoping to get rid of that feeling. Nope. Not going to happen, gosh darn it.

*denotes sarcasm

That being said, I need new pants. Sigh. I hate jean shopping almost as much as I hate swim suit shopping. I have a very long inseam, which makes sense, given my height. Almost every pair of pants I try on, including the 'longs' or even the 'extra longs' are too short. Grrrr.

And now for something completely different: a review. Okay, so not that different, but oh well.
I had my first Kombucha over a year ago (the Ginger Berry flavor). I really enjoyed the tangy, spicy, taste and the mild carbonation. I grabbed this baby at WF because it was on sale, and one of the ingredients grabbed my attention: lavender! I grew up with a mother who loves lavender - at home, we have lavender soaps of various kinds (kitchen, hand, floor, etc), we have a lavender bush on our porch, and I remember getting lavender scented candles and lotions for her for many years. I first ate lavender a few years ago in Seattle on a family vacay in the form of lavender jelly. I instantly fell in love. Since then, I have capitalized on the sweet herby flavor as often as I can, adding cooking lavender to everything from cookies (lavender + anise = heaven) to soups. When I saw the lavender and elderberry kombucha, I knew I had to try it.

I loved it, but I thought that the elderberry flavor came through much more than the lavender flavor did. However, the overall quality and taste was outstanding. I do love this stuff! It feels like I am doing something good for my body when I drink it. Although I won't buy Kombucha often because of the cost, I definitely see myself trying new flavors on days when I want something special.

Huh. This post is much longer than my normal 'at work' post. Just goes to show you how bored I really am. :)

And now, some more enjoyment:


Just those two for today! Its getting harder to find good ones...

I'm actually going to do work now! Yay! And by work, I mean talk to someone about a future project that we'll do when the SUN is shining.

I don't think I'm talking to my boss just yet - I'm going to wait until all my appointments are on a regular schedule. I feel a little lame for backing out, but I'd rather keep it on the downlow for now.

Have a lovely day ladies!

Emma

14 comments:

Anonymous,  June 9, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

I hate jean shopping too, jeans must be the hardest thing to buy because of how all sizes and brands fit differently! So I end up feeling really bad if I have to go up a size and I feel guilty if I have to go down a size.
Complicated stuff. I have been staying away from jean shopping.
Oh dear, I have to go swim suit shopping! >.< Curses. hahaha sorry for the rant there.

I hope the weather gets better and that you have an amazing day!
<3

Bec June 9, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

umm my go to jeans have a huge 6inch by 4 inch hole in them right now because I just can't find a replacement and I wear them all the time because they are the perfect jeans, just fitted enough but never too tight!

Lo June 9, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

I need to shop for clothes bad! But my low funds mean no shoppig for awhile! Good friends are hard to find-- trust me. I have learned to eliminate poisonous peeps from my life and only look for the few gems! U my dear are a gem!

Xoxo,
Lo

Anonymous,  June 9, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

You know, in the UK (and Ireland) 'pants' means 'underpants', and it's also used to mean 'not very good'. As in, 'This weather really is a bit pants.'

I'm never quite in love with kombucha, because the fermentation makes it taste like alcho-pop to me. But I do really like elderflower -- I wonder if elderberry is as good. Hmmm.

Anonymous,  June 9, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

Jean shopping is indeed quite complicated. I'm a shortie with unusually short legs on top of that, so I've got the opposite problem. I hate when the shortest possible jeans in the store are still too long. All I need is like 3 good pairs, though, and I'm set.

Yay for putting ED in its place. Have fun racquetballin' it up.

The Novice Berker June 9, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

Seriously, shopping for new clothes is, for me, one of the fastest ways to kick my self-esteem down to new lows. :P But I shrug it off and concentrate on finding something really cute that I can be happy about!!

I totally know what you mean about only owning two pairs of jeans. I've always had a problem finding jeans that fit me properly and that look right (with the right width of the bottom and stuff), so when I found out that this one style from JCrew fit me PERFECTLY, I bought THREE. In different shades. AHAHA! :) A girl's gotta do what she's gotta do for jeans!

ellie June 9, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

I hate clothes shopping in general- it's a no-win situation for me (which is why I am currently wearing jeans that I got 6 years ago!)

I love the toothpaste for dinner cartoons!

Anonymous,  June 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

Shopping for jeans is the worst! But a girl needs her denim! Try to make a fun day out of it and do some fun shopping, stop at Starbucks, or whatever. Don't think of it as so much of a chore! :)

I LOVE Synergy. I've done a lot of reviews of their flavors on my blog and love them all! I'm totally jealous of the lavender flavor though... I've never seen it before. Sounds amazing!

xxoo
Heather

btw, YOU WON MY SUMMER GIVEAWAY!!! Thought that might just cheer you up! ;)

itsawrap June 9, 2009 at 4:19 PM  

Booo for nasty weather! I am like you and HATE shopping for jeans or clothes in general. I get so depresses so you are not alone in these feelings.

Baylee♥ June 9, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

I would looove to have your jean problem sista! Well, actually, we kinda sorta have the same problem - but im just the opposite! Even the shorts and extra shorts are too long for me :( I always have to have them hemmed & it sucks OOHHH so much. American eagles jeans usually fit me pretty well, but i swear, they must make their jeans pretty shit-ally, because almost every pair ive had eventually ends up ripping in the crotch lol.

bahahaa. i feel ya on the laundry thing though. i hardly ever wash my jeans unless they are disgusting. i just really hate when they're all tight from being in the dryer. so much more comfortable when they're all warn in :)

when you get some sunshine, send it my way too please :)

Love you girl!

Anonymous,  June 9, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

my day started out greatly this morning, but since then it's been slowly declining and i'm not sure why. i think i'm just super tired. whatever the reason, after reading this post i have to tell you that those two little comics really cheered me up! haha. i'm happy that i discovered your blog! i'm going to add it to my blogroll. there are only a few blogs on it since my blog is so new, so you should feel special about that! :)

Anonymous,  June 9, 2009 at 6:40 PM  

p.s. i go to bed pretty early too. my little brother has called me an old lady before, hah!

Anonymous,  June 9, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

Your cartoons are absolutely HILARIOUS! I think every girl/woman hates jean shopping. But let's think positive. I am sure you're gonna find a pair that make you feel like the beautiful girl you are :)
<3 jess
xoxo

Cacti Don't Cry June 9, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

I hate hate hate clothes shopping... sad, because I used to love it! Ah, well. Good luck with it!!

...oh, is it June?? I hadn't noticed.

<3 <3

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP