Reflecting on Tuesday, and my first product review!
Hello lovelies!
It has been an intense two days, and they aren't even done yet. Yesterday was certainly a rollercoaster, and today has just been one thing after another. But I'll start with yesterday, because I need to explain everything after my last post.
It all began pretty normally... NOT. I almost never sleep past 6 (naturally), and I slept right through my alarm clock - I woke up at 6:50. I had meant to work out, so I was rather disappointed. I then got ready for classes (last geology lab - Sad!), and headed to breadfast. I love breakfast time, breakfast food... Its the one part of my day that I take my time at. I love to sit and read the paper while drinking tea and eating my oats. Yesterday I tried something new - tropical (ish) oats, with strawberries and pineapple (and some oats, cheerios, and soymilk, of course). They were pretty good. Since I eat in the meal hall, I have to use what is available to me - I would have added some coconut if I had some, but alas...
I had to run back to my room before lab started because I forgot my pencil (silly me!). Then, after lab, I had to run to lunch and scarf it down so I could go talk to Res Life before my Spanish lab. Sigh. No picture of lunch - it was a bowl of black bean soup, a side spinach, carrot, and mushroom salad, 3 slices of beets, and an apple for dessert.
I then walked to the grocery store to get some more nut butter (of some kind) - but they were sold out! Argh. So I just bought a can of pumpkin. Because its delicious.
I got back to campus, and decided to study outside for a while (geology). It was nice to sit in the sun - I even got a little color! I ended up taking a 10 minute nap or so. It felt wonderful.
Then I went to my voice lesson, and I think I sang for all of 7 minutes the entire hour. My voice teacher, one of the most remarkable women I know, sat me down, and started to tell me how worried about me she is. I have been confronted by all sorts of people (in the last year, I've lost about 80 pounds), but I've told everyone else I'm fine, when I know I have a problem. When I couldn't lie to her - music is just such a personal thing that involves so much trust between two people, I just couldn't do it. Our relationship is so much more than that. She listened, and told me that she would do anything she could to help me. I am so grateful to have her in my life. She said that she wouldn't discuss it with anyone else until I'm ready for that. Hopefully, I will get into the Emily Program this summer. I'm going abroad in the fall, and I need to have some sort of structure in place.
I left my lesson both incredibley relieved and rather ... uncomfortable. I am a perfectionist, and I like to have things in my life in control. Right now, I am both out of control and trying to control everything all at once. Telling her made me realize so many things, and I was a mess. I still am, but today has been good, which helps. (So do the comments I've recieved and blog posts like this one, over at Meg's blog.
I borrowed my friends car, rushed to various other stores (out of quick walking distance) in search for some nut butter that isn't full of chemicals, and I didn't find any by the time 6 rolled around, so I headed back to campus for dinner (that's when all my friends eat). I rushed, and had the same thing I did for lunch. Boring, I know, but delicious.
I ran back out... this time to Cub's, and I FINALLY found some. I have read so much about Peanut Butter and Co.'s various flavors, that when I saw that Cub's not only had them, but that they were on sale - I bought two - the Cinnamon Raisin Swirl and Dark Chocolate Dreams. I have to tell everyone - this is a big step for me. I don't remember the last time I bought PB. I have been so afraid of fats for about 8 months now... I rarely, if ever have any. Last night, I had a full serving. I felt ... dirty afterwards, but it was delicious.
My first review!
From the site: Our all-natural peanut butter blended with swirls of cinnamon and raisins. A favorite on toast in the morning, it also makes a mean oatmeal cookie, and many have been known to eat it out of the jar as a quick pick-me-up. It contains no cholesterol, no trans- fats, no hydrogenated oils, and no high-fructose corn syrup. It is also gluten-free, vegan, and certified kosher pareve by the Orthodox Union.
The PB is delicious! I love cinnamon, and after over 8 months of avoiding it... Woah. Its even better than I remember. In addition, not only is it vegan, but its also kosher! I don't need to worry about it on shabbat(s), and I like knowing that its kosher, even if I don't keep kosher on purpose (though, as a vegan, it happens a lot). The Cinnamon Raisin Swirl flavor has 20 less calories and 5 less g fat than most peanut butter brands, which does make me feel a little better about it. I can't wait to try the other flavors. After reading about it so much (Shelby, Katie, Kath, Jenny, etc.)
The last part of my Tuesday consisted of finishing my paper on Beethoven's Op. 84, the "Egmont" Overture. If you haven't heard it, drop everything you are doing RIGHT NOW and go listen. This is the piece of music that reaffirms everything I believe in - a greater being, humanity, the soul - everything.
At 10, I had my last Jewish Org meeting. I'm going to miss the seniors who are graduating. I've only just started going (March?), and I wish I had started going sooner.
So. That was yesterday. I went to bed both very tired, and rather ... distressed isn't the right word, but its the closest I can come up with. From talking with my voice teacher, admitting I have a problem to another person - someone who I care deeply about and who is a role model, saying good bye to some senior friends, and eating something so full of fats after avoiding them for so long... I was wiped.
Today has been a better day. :)
Check out this nutty contest over at Alyssa's blog! (Really - its full of nuts).


0 comments:
Post a Comment