Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Why is Wednesday so hard to spell?

Seriously. I've had trouble with it since elementary school.

Thanks you all for your support - today has gone much better! For those of you who asked about locks - my bike was indeed locked up in the bike rack alcove in my dorm. I'm still pretty bummed, but I'll replace it when I get home from Ireland - a real road bike. A good one. I have some ideas about how I'll keep it safe ....

These are just some of the things I've had in the past week. NOT all.

The "Luce Breakfast Burrito - vegan style": Three eggs (tofu for me) scrambled with spicy chorizo, jalapeño and poblano peppers, black beans, Pico de Gallo, wrapped in a flour tortilla and smothered in Quito sauce. Served on a bed of jalapeño hash browns. Delish.

Vitatop: Deep Chocolate. Review coming soon!

365 Peach Mango Salsa: Tasty, but a little sweet for normal consumption

Pbu. Does this really need an explanation? GENIUS.

Brekkie: Cheerios, Kashi Heart to Heart, berries, kefir, almond milk


Roasted Veggies. Yum yum.

The lovely Keri tagged me in a little Q&A survey - I haven't done one of these in a while!

What are you wearing right now?

A pair of light blue jeans from American Eagle, a white lace cami top from Old Navy, and a blue cardigan sweater from Target! And the shoes? The amazing toe-strap flip flops from Old Navy.

What’s the last thing you read/are currently reading?

Currently, not something amazingly interesting for most people, but for me? Quite necessary! Let's Go Ireland (On a budget). I just finished Laurell K Hamilton's Skin Trade - the 16th of her Anita Blake series. Think a very mature version of Twilight.

Do you nap a lot?

Not so much... I've napped more in the past week than I have in ages. I think the combination of humidity and heat has worn me out.

Who was the last person you hugged?

My roomie Fitzy (her name is Christina, but NOBODY calls her that) - when my bike was stolen.

What’s your current obsession/addiction?

Hmmm. Just browsing around online - everything from blogs to shops to stumble upon.

What’s for dinner?

Something from a local restaurant - Pizza Luce. I'm thinking the summer Grilled Pear and Blackberry salad, sans goat cheese, with some tofu. My aunt is taking me out tonight - after dinner TJs and Target, here I come!

What was the last thing you bought?

Does a Diet Coke count? The tour guides went out for trivia last night, and I needed some crack hydration to keep me alert.

What are you listening to right now?

Umm... office sounds? And my coworker has Pandora on a 'Bob Dylan' station.

If you could have a superpower what would it be?

Invisibility or flying. I know, I know, cliche. But how awesome would being able to walk around without being noticed (CIA, here I come!) or saving the big $$$ when traveling? Yeps.

What is your favorite weather and why?
Sunny with clouds, about 75-80 degrees (Fahrenheit!) and very low humidity.

What time do you usually wake up?

Somewhere between 5:30 and 6, depending on the night before. On weekends, I sometimes sleep in until *gasp* 7.

What is your most challenging goal right now?

To gain some weight health before leaving to Ireland in August. I only have to gain a couple of more pounds... it doesn't make it any easier though!

Favorite pair of shoes that you keep going back to over and over again even though you have a zillion others?

Probably my grey Converse All-Stars, low tops, of course. I've worn these babies out, but I just love them!

Name one thing you can’t live without?

Water. Duh. Seriously though - I have a 'drinking' problem. I'm drinking H2O all the time. You will never see me without one of my three Sigg water bottles or my tour guide/Mac nalgene.

What time is bed time?

Normally somewhere between 10-11. Depends entirely on the day! Last night? 11:30 (Trivia night - I didn't get back to campus until 11:15!

If there was one place you could be right now where would it be?

In Greece. I was there two summers ago, and I want to go back so badly! Specifically? Athens or Naxos!


Mmkay! I'll go ahead and tag Lo, Anne, Bec, Lauryn, and Lauren.


Now, few giveaways!

Aimee and Nana's Vegan Cookies!
Kailey, and the ultimate VegNews giveaway!

I need some reading suggestions, girls! What do you recommend?

Mmmkay. Laters.

Emma

11 comments:

Anonymous,  July 1, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

Hello dear! YES, I know you still love me. :)

Your eats look suuuuper yum. Especially those roasted veggies, is that white asparagus? I have yet to try it, but if it's in season then I better hurry because it's not in season for long. (I think?)

I loved reading your answers! I agree, Converse never let you down. I have a classic black & white pair that go everywhere with me!

HOW can you order that salad without the goat cheese?! Goat cheese would be deliiiiicous on there. Haha, of course, this is coming from one who could probably eat goat cheese with a spoon..

Enjoy your day!

Much love,
Rachel

Anonymous,  July 1, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

I'm glad that today is better for you!! :)

I'd like to be able to fly too... but I think I'd "settle" for a pilot's license instead.

<3 <3

Anne,  July 1, 2009 at 2:33 PM  

Ha, I always had trouble with "wednesday," too. But since I always got it wrong, now the correct spelling is drilled into my head!

I am SO glad that today is going better! And I loved reading your survey--thanks for tagging me :D Flying would be so cool, especially if you had the ability to go super fast, too. It'd make going to school in AZ way easier, cause I could come back to Michigan anytime I wanted!

Baylee♥,  July 1, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

My suggestion..sleep with it :)

Hahahaha :)

Wed-nes-day. Wed-nes-day. I always say it in my head like that whenever im writing it out.

Anonymous,  July 1, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

Great eats lately! Um, Dark Chocolate Vitatops are my life ;)

Cool Q&As, best of luck regaining some health in preparation for your trip! You can do it!

Meg,  July 1, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

Reading material: magazines, lots and lots of magazines. You'll get addicted. Haha!

Anywhooo, amazing eats Em! Amazing survey too, I know it's hard to be positive about gaining weight, but hey, you put it PERFECTLY - you're gaining HEALTH, and that's so positive. Kudos to you. I would LOVE to go to Greece, so the next time you go, how about you pack me in your suitcase? Sound good? I don't mind riding in the bottom of the plane. Haha. I'm so, so sorry about the bike girl, you and bikes just don't have good luck together. Maybe you should get a moped :) On a more serious note though, you're in my thoughts and prayers and I do hope things look up for you, in fact, I KNOW they will.

Love you!!
Meg

Anonymous,  July 1, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

So I love how everything you're wearing is from basically the only three stores I shop at :) I'm all about the "affordable yet still stylish enough" clothing!

Soooo...I got your postcard! Thank you SO SO SO SO very much, dear! Getting that in the mail was the highlight of my week. And I can't quite make out the return address, but I wanna send a lil somethin' in return, so hit up my FB inbox when you get a chance ;)

Sorry to hear about your bike :(

Hope things are well!

<3 Nell

P.S. You found vita tops?! I am officially jealous...I've only found the muffins.

K from ksgoodeats,  July 1, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

Look at the butt on that burrito - yum! I love the ends, they're the best part!!

Your PBU looks might fine! Your favorite weather sounds perfect to me as well! If only the Midwest could get on board with that ;)

Anonymous,  July 1, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

that vegan burrito looks like heaven on a plate. seriously. i want it! and your pbu came out looking so smooth and creamy! yummmm.

Em,  July 1, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

Wednesday is the trickiest word ever. Why in the world don't they just spell it the way that it sounds!! haha.

I am so on the same page with the weather. Those are the most perfect days.

Awesome eats girl, hope your day is going well. love ya! <333

Anonymous,  July 1, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

I LOVE how you refer to it as gaining "health"!!! SOOOO true! It's gaining health, beauty, and so much more! :)

Book suggestions? I'm reading a pretty good book right now called The Second Assistant by Clare Naylor and Mimi Hare. It's kind of a girly, beach novel, but it's actually pretty funny!

xxoo
Heather

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP